Topic: Good Free Software for Brickfilms

I want to get back to making stop-motion animations, but I want a software that can make the frame capture process much easier. I don't want something advanced *like Dragon-Frame advanced*, but just a digital camera controller that has onion skin. I did try digicamcontrol, but it bothers me the fact that when I want to make 16:9 photos and use onion skin altogether, the frames are then stretched in preview mode.

Re: Good Free Software for Brickfilms

If you havent already, (and i know many and many say this) check the free software list. Not many for DSLR's currently, but there is options. If you'd like something cheap (not necessarily free) there is a software called Boinx iStopmotion for 20$ on Apple computers.

There is a WIP version of the phone app stopmotion studio for windows and mac, and is free. I tried it at first, not the greatest, but it works well. There is a 10$ version for a better experience. (although dont buy it until they have completed the programs works)

I know of a Windows version of Boinx called Stopmotion Eclipse (or something) for around the same price. Would check that out too.

Thats really all I can think of considering free/cheaper, softwares. (I use boinx, since i dont have a portable editor running windows, and some other mods who are more experienced can probably help way more.) Keep on Bricking!

- Your buddy,
          StafFilms

StafFilms wrote:

If you havent already, (and i know many and many say this) check the free software list. Not many for DSLR's currently, but there is options. If you'd like something cheap (not necessarily free) there is a software called Boinx iStopmotion for 20$ on Apple computers.

There is a WIP version of the phone app stopmotion studio for windows and mac, and is free. I tried it at first, not the greatest, but it works well. There is a 10$ version for a better experience. (although dont buy it until they have completed the programs works)

I know of a Windows version of Boinx called Stopmotion Eclipse (or something) for around the same price. Would check that out too.

Thats really all I can think of considering free/cheaper, softwares. (I use boinx, since i dont have a portable editor running windows, and some other mods who are more experienced can probably help way more.) Keep on Bricking!

Thank you! I already saw that free list of softwares and such immediately after I made this post. To be honest, I think I will stick with digicamcontrol and I hope the fact that the aspect ratio won't be 16:9, it's not gonna be much of a problem.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question!

You might wonna try opentoonz

If you are looking for a free solution I would suggest Boats Animator! It is open source and developed from fellow forum member BoatsAreRockable. Here is a link to Boats' site where you can download the software. https://www.charlielee.uk/boats-animator/

It currently doesn't have DSLR support, however, you can use 3rd party software link digicamcontrol to use your DSLR as a webcam.

Here is also the forum post on the software, where you can find the list of implemented features as well as suggest future ideas for the project!

https://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/t … n-program/

Andrew BrickMovies - Stop Motion Animator