Topic: Shark Attack

Directory Link

Shark Attack

Youtube

The sea is may not be as serene as it would first seem...

Basically an animation test for using sand and real water. Much was learnt.

Last edited by JOCo (October 5, 2019 (10:05am))

Re: Shark Attack

The YouTube Link didn't seem to work for me, but luckily your channel link in your signature, does, so I managed to find it.
Here's the link for anyone else: https://youtu.be/7yLx1J5AHLU

Fairly short and simple, but the animation of walking through sand is actually fairly impressive, and so is the changing of clothes.

Last edited by Squid (October 5, 2019 (05:38pm))

Squid wrote:

The YouTube Link didn't seem to work

Thanks, for the heads up, fixed it now. Not quite sure how that went wrong.

Squid wrote:

the animation of walking through sand is actually fairly impressive, and so is the changing of clothes

Thanks man, this video was mostly a test of a few different animating techniques. Some worked, others less so. All a good learning experience.

I agree with Squid, changing clothes and walking/swimming in the water were both well animated. Real sand and water are not used often and I think you did a great job with both. The blood in the water was an unexpected but also well executed touch. Although her walking in the sand was good, I think the arm swinging didn't feel as smooth as it could have been.

It's a great looking test, and it seems you were able to learn a lot from this. Will you be experimenting with it further in the future?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

the arm swinging didn't feel as smooth as it could have been.

Looking at it, yeah, that's definitely a bit all over the place. I think I ended up tweaking the arms to get the centre of mass right so the minifigure would stay up. Obviously that messed up the cycle. I had her walk on studs under the sand for most of it instead, but then the boards shook about a bit later on. Ah well, all a learning experience!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Will you be experimenting with it further in the future?

You'll have to wait and see... Like a month for a simple bit of water in a different way, potentially years for some of the others I have planned. That's what comes of being at uni most the time.