Topic: Flick 'n Swish (Animation Challenge Entry)

Directory Link

Flick 'n Swish (Animation Challenge Entry)

Youtube
Vimeo

A wizard is never caught. He's discovered precisely when he means to be!

My overblown Animation Challenge entry. (The theme was "hovering") I can't help but make full-fledged films/shorts - even off of the most simplistic of concepts. mini/tongue

Had a lot of fun with this one. Especially enjoyed FINALLY finding a way to put those old Lego Harry Potter cardboard backgrounds to use.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Re: Flick 'n Swish (Animation Challenge Entry)

I said this on Twitter, but it's worth repeating:

Fun! I love the simple charm of the film. It's great entry, with far, far more effects work than I was expecting. Sure, some of the masking is a touch rough, but the overall effect is nice. You went above and beyond with the amount of objects disrupted and destroyed. I think that extra effort will really help it stand out.

Plus, ballooning animation challenges into real films with a story is always a great idea. Even something as simple as a younger wizard learning that he has much to learn adds meaning and emotional weight to the plot, as well as helping it stick in the judge's mind that much more.

Also, the Vimeo link seems broken. Any idea why?

I think it should be this instead.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Also, the Vimeo link seems broken. Any idea why?

I think it should be this instead.

Thanks for the info! I've updated the Vimeo link now.

Also, thanks for the kind words. I had a lot of fun making this, and although my heart is still in longer-form brickfilms (10+ minutes) I might try and do some more shorts like these more often. The Animation Challenge is a great way to refine your animation skills and keep yourself sharp! I've always followed along closely, but have never had the chance to enter before. Everything came together this time, though. mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Really liked this film.
Good job bud.