Topic: Software for making the stop-motion animation itself only

I am working with Adobe After Effects, but recently I kept hearing that this software in particular is for making compositions only (or just add all sorts of effects on already made mp3/avi clips). So because of that, I want to be more organised in this regard and I want to have a software where I put my frames together and only have a raw animation. After that, I'll put it this "raw animation" into a video editing software where I put the sound effects, background music etc. Please tell me if you know any mini/smile .

P.S - I know Windows Movie Maker could be good for what I am looking for, but I still want to know what else can I try.

Re: Software for making the stop-motion animation itself only

So assuming you already have a method (computer software or otherwise) of capturing your frames, all you’re looking for is a software to put these frames together and make the motion correct? I wouldn’t recommend Movie Maker. It can work, but you can do much, much better without spending any money. I sometimes use a program called MPEG Streamclip. It’s excellent for cropping to HD if that’s an issue, but it oddly only exports at 15 FPS even is you specify otherwise. It’s fantastic if that’s that FPS you work at, however. Another good option is VirtualDub. It’s a low end video editor, but it’s excellent at what you’re looking for. I don’t know if you’re using capture software to capture your images, but most stopmotion softwares have an option to export your animation as a video. I don’t know if you have a budget, but some good paid options are Dragonframe, AnimaShooter Capture, and Stopmotion Pro. Hope you find this helpful!

Wouldn't it be easier to simply import the frames an an image sequence? That's what I do in Vegas 14.

Here's how:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/u … mages.html

Brickman wrote:

So assuming you already have a method (computer software or otherwise) of capturing your frames, all you’re looking for is a software to put these frames together and make the motion correct? I wouldn’t recommend Movie Maker. It can work, but you can do much, much better without spending any money. I sometimes use a program called MPEG Streamclip. It’s excellent for cropping to HD if that’s an issue, but it oddly only exports at 15 FPS even is you specify otherwise. It’s fantastic if that’s that FPS you work at, however. Another good option is VirtualDub. It’s a low end video editor, but it’s excellent at what you’re looking for. I don’t know if you’re using capture software to capture your images, but most stopmotion softwares have an option to export your animation as a video. I don’t know if you have a budget, but some good paid options are Dragonframe, AnimaShooter Capture, and Stopmotion Pro. Hope you find this helpful!

Thank you for taking your time and answer my question, but I managed to solve my problem.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to simply import the frames an an image sequence? That's what I do in Vegas 14.

Here's how:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/u … mages.html

I did just like you said, and it worked perfectly. Thank you!