Re: THAC XVII Production Topic

what do u use to edit brick animator? im eating a bowl of fruit

BrickAnimator724 wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

what programs do you guys use?

I'm using Boats Animator.

P.S. I like eating home-made pizza while working on brickfilms.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Checking in at (shortly after) the halfway time. Feeling both optimistic and pessimistic about being able to finish well. Cut down my script from 8 to 6 set pieces. Have finished filming on 2 of them, about to start the third. The other three sets are mostly built and won't take much time to complete. On the flip side, I have zero editing done. So there's that.

Saving grace here is that the 4 sets I have yet to film only have 5 shots between them. Had to film more shots than that on the first set alone.

we use digi cam

Those are both quality programs @2x4 Studios. If you don’t have a DSLR, there’s NO reason to get expensive capture software.

Last edited by Brickman (January 4, 2020 (07:16pm))

2x4 studios wrote:

what do u use to edit brick animator? im eating a bowl of fruit

BrickAnimator724 wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

what programs do you guys use?

I'm using Boats Animator.

P.S. I like eating home-made pizza while working on brickfilms.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements for editing.

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

mysteriouspi wrote:

Checking in at (shortly after) the halfway time. Feeling both optimistic and pessimistic about being able to finish well. Cut down my script from 8 to 6 set pieces. Have finished filming on 2 of them, about to start the third. The other three sets are mostly built and won't take much time to complete. On the flip side, I have zero editing done. So there's that.

Saving grace here is that the 4 sets I have yet to film only have 5 shots between them. Had to film more shots than that on the first set alone.

Good Luck, hope you're able to finish on time. I just finished animation, so onto editing. I'm a bit unsure at how the video will end up right now, so I guess the video might have to be found in the edit.

Lord Ringozinglyzong wrote:

Good Luck, hope you're able to finish on time. I just finished animation, so onto editing. I'm a bit unsure at how the video will end up right now, so I guess the video might have to be found in the edit.

Thanks, same to you. I'm sure you'll be able to put something together. It turns out my own video clocks in at less than a minute so I should be able to finish without much trouble. Knocks on wood

At the end of the day, the point of THAC isn't just to enter some contest. It's to have a new brickfilm. In only one day, you have a new piece of creative work you can share with the world.

And, to that end, I've made a new brickfilm - so, I can't really say I'm not happy. However, here's why it didn't come out for THAC.

Vegas Pro crashed (no joke) 45 times - once I started counting... (Definitely need to get that figured out in the future) But desperate way-too-often project saving seemed to negate that temporarily.

I received lines (and recorded my own) with no hassle, and synched them with the film in the timeline perfectly. However, for some reason (I still can't explain/fix) when playing the video as a whole (before and after rendering) the audio goes out of sync - so bad that by the end of the film like 4 lines are completely cut off.

I've never had this problem with Vegas before, but, am actually a little glad I did in a way - so now I can learn how to fix it and will never have that same problem again. I'm assuming it has something to do with the millions of saves, but I don't know. Even on the desktop's copy of Vegas the copied files & project do the exact same thing (no crashing, though, thankfully.)

Also, I really intended to do a simplistic musical underscore for the film within the time limit too, but because of the time consuming issues above, that quickly started to look impossible.

So, I called it quits for THAC at just about an hour and a half before the deadline. I was getting tired and I wanted a more level head when trying to fix problems like this... Plus, now this gives me an opportunity to do a better musical score, and even get some advice from you all!

Regardless, the film should be coming out very soon - probably by the end of the week. Although I wasn't able to actually make an entry in time - I'm glad I was able to THAC nevertheless. And, as I said, now I have a new film to show for it I didn't have yesterday!

...It's just gonna take some time to work out these issues and actually "finish" the film.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png