Topic: Quentin Tarantino's LEGO Batman: A Death In The Family

Directory Link

Quentin Tarantino's LEGO Batman: A Death In The Family

YouTube

My first Brickfilm. This took way too long to make! Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Not that this is particularly violent, but there is some blood in this towards the end, so I guess I should offer a slight warning...

Re: Quentin Tarantino's LEGO Batman: A Death In The Family

Question is why did you wait so long to make a brickfilm?
As a fan of that batman story line and the movie, this gets an A from me.
Minor nit picks, few out of focus shots, but Hell yeah great first film.
You also answered a question for me, how the Lego Batman movie Joker would work as an Evil Joker.
And now need to get one.
Subbed your channel and look forward to more videos from you.
If you need any voice help feel free to ask.

Good stuff, especially considering it's your first release. I liked the overall look of the film and the animation was good as well (the finger snapping was nice). As Antonio mentioned, some of the shots were a bit too out of focus and I also saw some unsteady camera in some shots (you can especially see it when he's dancing), but there wasn't anything too distracting or jarring. Hope to see more from you soon!

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I'm aware of some of those issues. Most noticable for me is the flicker as Joker spins on his head and the focus issues as he attacks with the crowbar. But I know they are there, and hopefully I know how to avoid them for next time!

Antonio - what do you mean by "why did I wait so long"? Do you mean why did it take so long to make? Or are you referring to the fact that this my channel is so old? If option 1, this took about 3 months to make, but that was only animating for an hour here and there, a few times each week. Hopefully I'll be able to do this more regularly, so my next film shouldn't take quite so long! If you mean that my channel is old, I actually created the channel 10 years ago with the intention of posting live-action stuff on there. But I never did, so I just renamed it to use for my animations.

mad_hatter wrote:

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I'm aware of some of those issues. Most noticable for me is the flicker as Joker spins on his head and the focus issues as he attacks with the crowbar. But I know they are there, and hopefully I know how to avoid them for next time!

Antonio - what do you mean by "why did I wait so long"? Do you mean why did it take so long to make? Or are you referring to the fact that this my channel is so old? If option 1, this took about 3 months to make, but that was only animating for an hour here and there, a few times each week. Hopefully I'll be able to do this more regularly, so my next film shouldn't take quite so long! If you mean that my channel is old, I actually created the channel 10 years ago with the intention of posting live-action stuff on there. But I never did, so I just renamed it to use for my animations.

I meant wait so long to make such a great brickfilm.

Haha! Well, thanks! I appreciate the positive feedback!