Topic: Best putty for brickfilming

Does anyone have any recommendations for a putty to use for brickfilming? I’m mainly interested in using it to do out-of-socket arm movements, but I’ve never had success with my previous putties. Play-doh is not sticky enough and separates too easily, and silly putty is not flexible enough. I’ve heard some people use blue tack, but I’ve never used it myself.

Last edited by Brickman (January 18, 2020 (05:07pm))

Re: Best putty for brickfilming

I use Blu-Tack. It works really well and it's almost the same color as new light grey Lego bricks, making it easy-ish to hide.
I've also heard that it has a much higher melting point than most other similar putties (although I use LED bulbs, so I've never had problems with melting stuff before).
I've hardly tried any other putty, so I can't say it's the best, but it works really well, and I recommend it.

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

UHU brand is my favorite. Loktite brand is also super good. Other brands (like Hobby Lobby's brand) are the worst and will leave residue on your plastic you can never ever get off. Not sure why there's such a gap in quality, but I'd get a name brand if you can.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks guys!

I find that UHU is not very sticky right out of the package, you have to work it a bit with your hands and then it gets sticky, shouldn't be an issue, just something to keep in mind.

scotch brand sticky tac

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb