Topic: Experiment 42 [THAC XVII]

Directory Link

Experiment 42

Youtube
Newgrounds

In a mysterious laboratory, a conscious experiment must decide whether to follow protocol or carve its own path. My entry to THAC XVII. The theme was Opportunity.
https://i.imgur.com/L1D0IBq.png

Last edited by BrickTective Productions (January 7, 2020 (09:58pm))

Re: Experiment 42 [THAC XVII]

Quite freaky and dark. I enjoyed this film. How did you get the woman's voice? Was that an actor, or a text to voice program?

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

nswihart wrote:

Quite freaky and dark. I enjoyed this film.

Thanks!

nswihart wrote:

How did you get the woman's voice? Was that an actor, or a text to voice program?

I used this website to create the voice.

A surprising plot twist and crazy ending gave this film some memorable shock value. It's a good story, but the execution hampers it a touch.

However, the voice needed more pausing; The unending rapid chatter didn’t
allow for dramatic timing or the illusion of passing time. The increasingly frustrated voice was delivered so rapidly that it seemed things escalated from annoyance to "I'm gunna kill you!" In only a couple seconds. Slowly that sequence down would have made it much more powerful.

I liked this. Love the feel and the twist. It’s great work like this that gets my creative juices thinking.

Last edited by Antonio Ferrara (January 20, 2020 (02:48pm))

Pritchard Studios wrote:

A surprising plot twist and crazy ending gave this film some memorable shock value. It's a good story, but the execution hampers it a touch.

However, the voice needed more pausing; The unending rapid chatter didn’t
allow for dramatic timing or the illusion of passing time. The increasingly frustrated voice was delivered so rapidly that it seemed things escalated from annoyance to "I'm gunna kill you!" In only a couple seconds. Slowly that sequence down would have made it much more powerful.

That makes sense.  Good to know if I try to create a similar atmosphere in the future.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

I liked this. Love the feel and the twist. It’s great work like this that gets my creative juices thinking.

Thanks!  I'm glad you liked the tone and twist.