Topic: Dysseus at the Island of Lypso [THAC XVII]

Directory Link

Dysseus at the Island of Lypso [THAC XVII]

YouTube

My film for THAC 2020...I finished this time!

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Dysseus at the Island of Lypso [THAC XVII]

This was a really fun film. Good luck at the contest!

Strangeness. Well made strangeness, but strangeness nonetheless.

The "snappy" animation looked unique and was a good creative choice to set this apart from the other films. The blank faces were creepy, and the entire film was totally bonkers. I enjoyed it.

It was pretty exciting and well-made and creepy also. (and I need to brush up on Odysseus or Ulysses, I think that’s what this is based on)

One of my personal favorite entries.  Out of all the films that went the surreal route, I liked this one the best.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yeah, the cartoony animation was a mix of artistic choice and necessity (fewer frames = time saved xD) - glad it turned out.

I'm so happy the creepyness was conveyed. It's what I was going for, but I wasn't sure how the blank faces and environment would come together for a viewer. I want to try to hone in on that some time in the future with more time. 

And...the link to the Odyssey ended up being pretty weak mini/tongue 
I came up with the story thinking about Odysseus' encounter with Calypso ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_(mythology) ), but ended up straying SLIGHTLY away from that story. But read the Odyssey anyway! Super good book.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra