Topic: What was that brickfilm?

Here’s a thread for anyone looking to ask the community if they can remember the name of a brickfilm they can’t remember. I’ll start off. There was this fantastic film about these heroes that were in hypersleep and were then awakened by the US president to defeat a mad scientist. I can’t remember the name for the life of me. There was a fantastic vocal performance by the mad scientist.

Last edited by Brickman (February 27, 2020 (04:42pm))

Re: What was that brickfilm?

Sloth Paladin's film?https://youtu.be/-nnV67l4148

Yes! Thanks Pritchard!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Sloth Paladin's film?https://youtu.be/-nnV67l4148

I forgot about this one, thank you for sharing the link mini/smile

On the off chance someone who knows returns to this thread: I've been trying to find a super short film that is just a minifig picking up a piano and throwing on another one. It's only a few seconds long, and has a name like 'piano.mov' or something, but I cannot find it again for the life of me. I think the animator was French if that helps?

JAJ Productions/Fruitcake Films
YouTube Vimeo Website

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding' - Proverbs 3:5

Sorry, no idea. I checked YouTube, Brick-A-Brack (the french brickfilming website), and BricksInMotion. Either it's unlisted or taken down, or just really obscure. Do you remember how you found it?

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Thanks for trying. It was a shot in the dark really. I came across it in someone's 'Liked' playlist that they had made public, but since then it must have been made private again.

YouTube Vimeo Website

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding' - Proverbs 3:5

Ok, let's try another. There's one I've been trying to find again for a really long time. It was a pirates brickfilm, in which a group of pirates go on a treasure hunt basically, but there's a joke at the end when they find the treasure and it turns out that it's a special brand of cheese inside the treasure chest. That's about all I remember I'm afraid, because it's one I saw when I was rather young.
Yeesh, you'd think I was going for the record with these obscure animations...

YouTube Vimeo Website

I kinda doubt it's this because it's so obscure, but it does fit the description.

Penta wrote:

I kinda doubt it's this because it's so obscure, but it does fit the description.

YES! It's this alright; thank you! I cannot remember how I saw it the first time, but it was one of the first brickfilms I saw, and it bugged me for yonks that I couldn't find it again. Cheers!

YouTube Vimeo Website

I just looked into it, and I found that it was big on Google Video, but that's long since defunct. Maybe there were YouTube uploads as well, but it's hard to search for "LEGO Pirates: Treasure"; haha.

Now that I know it was big on Google Video (and because I think it's a good brickfilm), I decided it was justifiable to give it a wiki page, where you can find some very nice behind-the-scenes photos filled with early-2000s aesthetic.

Penta wrote:

I just looked into it, and I found that it was big on Google Video, but that's long since defunct. Maybe there were YouTube uploads as well, but it's hard to search for "LEGO Pirates: Treasure"; haha.

Now that I know it was big on Google Video (and because I think it's a good brickfilm), I decided it was justifiable to give it a wiki page, where you can find some very nice behind-the-scenes photos filled with early-2000s aesthetic.

That makes sense actually. The first few brickfilms I saw were via Google Videos, because YouTube was restricted. Cool to see those photos. Cheers again.

YouTube Vimeo Website

Thanks for clarifying that. Brickfilms that were primarily popular on Google Video is certainly a "lost" chapter in history, and I wish I knew ways to learn more.

I remember one brickfilm I cannot find. I think was uploaded to YouTube in like 2008, I think it had a stiff and I think a choppy animation style. It began with a shot zooming into a box full of LEGO Bricks, then I think a LEGO kid kicked a football, the football traveled miles, passing what I think was a LEGO medieval duel and eventually it stopping, it then ended with the shot zooming out of the box of LEGO Bricks.
That's all I remember. I watched this for the first and last time back in I think October 2018 or maybe October 2019. This is all I remember, if you guys remember a brickfilm with a similar premise to this, please tell me.

Last edited by Cromo Films (March 12, 2023 (07:30am))