Topic: EASTER 2020 Contest IS OVER!

https://bricksinmotion.com/images/contests/easter2020/EASTER2020_Logo.png

EASTER has ended! Please see below for all accepted entries.

Results will be announced this Saturday, at 2pm CST.

They will be announced in a live chat in the Bricksinmotion Discord server, after which a results topic will be posted to the forums.

Thank you all for participating! I look forward to seeing you in the results chat.

Are you ready to Enjoy A Short Transient Event Right-away? Here we go!

I’m excited, and I hope you’re ready for another year of fun, frolicking, and filming.

https://i.imgur.com/pZjiQTa.png

The deadline for this contest is April 11th, 2020 at 11:59pm (midnight) CST. This means you have a full two weeks to create your entry.

https://i.imgur.com/J9oYkzI.png
Your entry must be Easter related in some way. They may be sacred or secular, serious or silly. They may be religious if you wish, but must they be Easter related in some way. (They may cover candy, bunnies, flowers, the resurrection, or anything else Easter-y.)

Films must be primarily phyisical stop-motion animation using LEGO bricks or some other LEGO-like construction toy. Films may feature other forms of animation (like Flash, 3D animation, etc), but LEGO stop-motion must to be the main focus.

There is NO TIME LIMIT this year. However, keep in mind that a shorter, more polished film will likely score higher than a rougher, more poorly executed film.

Copyrighted material (music, themes, etc) are allowed, but originality is strongly recommended. Please refer to our Royalty Free Resources Section if you are in need of extra music and sounds.

The film may not contain any mature/explicit content. This includes, but is not limited to: swearing, excessive/gory violence, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references. However, slapstick comedy is allowed.

Only one entry per person will be accepted. If you submit more than one entry, only the last entry will be considered.

Entries must contain the EASTER 2020 image or the text “Made for EASTER 2020” somewhere in the film. You may download the image here. (If you want, you may also include the Bricks in Motion logo but that is not required.)

Also, please mention our sponsor, Minifigure Madness, in the film credits.  They have been generous enough to provide the prizes and it is only right that we give them the credit.

THE “NEW TWIST” RULES
This year, instead of being limited to 20 second entries as most EASTER contests have done, we are reaching way back and channeling the awesomeness of an old contest, the “10 Brick Contest.”

Therefore, your films may only make use of up to 10 bricks/elements in the entirety of the film. Not 10 on screen at once, but ten total. Period. (You may use less than 10 if you prefer.) Minifigures are also banned.

You may also use baseplates for your floor, and a non-Lego background if you wish, which will not count towards your 10 brick limit.

Here is a video explaining and visualizing this new rule.

FAQS:
-Can I use a full minifigure? - No. Let's get more creative than that. Plus, a minifigure will use more than 10 elements.

-Can I use minifigure parts? (Arms, legs, head) - Yes, but keep in mind each individual part is a "brick." A normal torso assembly has two arms, two hands, and the torso, so that's five of your bricks right there.

-What constitutes "different parts"?  - A good way to tell is if the parts have different design numbers. (Left legs are 972, right legs are 971) Another way is if they come apart. Since you can mix and match, say, the glass in a window frame, or legs on hips, those are all separate "bricks."

-Can I use "real world" elements like sand, water, or rocks? -That's a great question! The original contest allowed uses of those, but they would count towards the "10 elements/bricks limit." (Say, a puddle of water, or a rock, or a stick of glue, would be 1 element.) For this contest, those will count towards the "10 bricks" limit UNLESS it's the "non-lego" background or a substitute for the baseplate. (For example, a plank of wood could serve as your background, and clay could serve as your baseplate. But, if you have a baseplate AND a clay floor, the clay will count as one "element/brick." If, likewise, you use a plank of wood and a blue piece of paper as a background, one of those will have to count towards the element count.)

-What about digital effects? - If you insert a brick floating in the sky using CGI, it obviously counts as a "brick." Per the original contest rules, even effects like flying sparks would count as an "element/brick." (So, a puff of CGI steam would count as 1 "brick.")

https://i.imgur.com/ojjdPB0.png
Videos must be uploaded to the internet to submit. You may submit videos through YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Flickr, Newgrounds, or other video sharing sites. To submit your entry, please send the link to your video to me either in an email (recommended!) or through a forum Private Message.

NOTE: Please include a picture showing all ten (or however many you used) elements/bricks that were in your film. This must be linked in your PM or email. 

As with last year, your entries may be public or unlisted when submitted.

https://i.imgur.com/Q7X3r4r.png
The judges this year will be as follows:
Penta
Pritchard Studios
Gold Brick Productions

While the films will be evaluated based on originality, production values (animation, cinematography, sound, etc.), and story, they will ultimately be judged by the sum of their parts. Each judge will submit a personal ranking sheet, those lists will be combined and discussed, and a final ranking of the top ten entries will be announced promptly.

https://i.imgur.com/KB2B0k0.png

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will each get a sponsored minifigure as long as they meet the eligibility requirements outlined below. A results topic, highlighting the top 10 films, will be posted at a TBD date once judging is complete.

NOTE: To be eligible to receive a prize, you must submit your film to the BiM directory and/or forum. If you fail to do so, you will still be judged as normal, but if you win, your prize will be passed down to the next highest film. Please submit your films to our directory and/or forum promptly after public release.

Minifig Madness has generously sponsored this contest with beautiful minifigures sporting our very own Bricks in Motion logo!

Here are the minifigures!
https://i.imgur.com/YR7c6EX.jpg

Needless to say, if you’re in the market for some custom printing or even want to see some of their own designs, check out their online store here: https://www.minifig-madness.com/

Accepted Entries

2x4 studios - Bad Rabbit
AwesomepantsFilms - Bells
Robukka - Polly-Esther
Jordan Guretti - Resurrection
Brickbro - RISEN
Toad Productions - The Golden Egg
Joshua Nelson - Hatch
JOCo - Seed of Spring
Knauser - Looking for Love V2
Panoramic Studios - Rabbit Pandemonium
BrickHario - Easter Karma
Mustache Maniacs - The Easter Egg
France & Alex - Easter SURPRISE
ZG - An Easter to Remember
cracksplatpop - Territorial
PostFrameProductions - The Gummy Burger and the Can
AoW-Gamer - Re-incarnation
Arginnon - Easy Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
Legoander  - Bearly Easter
Edwardpenguin - The Rabbit and the Chicken
Willow Tree - Gnome
shanewoodsbrs  - Dyeing Eggs
Yetgo - Finding Easter
Hoverfrogfilms - The Easter King Takedown
Nathan Wells - Sunflower
Buck Brothers - The Robot and the Flower
Chaizin - Blessed
Twickabrick - Untitled Easter 2020 Entry

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!

Re: EASTER 2020 Contest IS OVER!

Can you use less than 10 elements?

Youtube man

Yes, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. You can use 1 element, 2, 3, or any number up to and including 10. But that's the upper limit.

do big rock elements count as one brick? if so can you use it for the back round?

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

also, do you even need to have a back round?

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

Any Lego element counts as one brick. No matter how big or small.
As the clarification video shows, trees, bricks, plates are all 1 "brick" each.

You can use that brick any way you want, but it cannot count as the specific "background" and therefore be excluded from the "10 bricks" count. So, if you wanted, you could put several big rocks as a wall in the back of the set, but each piece will count towards your limit.

Is it allowed to have, say, when you change a shot you can have some different bricks, but only ten bricks in the shot?

I move plastic in front of a camera for fun

You may only use ten different elements total. You can use five in one scene, then a different five in the next, or all ten in every scene, but if you use 11 different parts we'll disqualify the film.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Yep. The above is a quote of a post I put on Discord. That should answer it. mini/wink

Sweet! Looking forward to taking a crack at this. Always thought the 10 bricks contest sounded cool - and I'm digging the lifting of the 20 second time limit - even if for only this year! mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Is it allowed to use the same bricks, but in a different form in your shots?

This is going to tough:D

yes

Panoramic Studios wrote:

Is it allowed to use the same bricks, but in a different form in your shots?

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Can I make a character out of bricks?

what

yes

Chaizin wrote:

Can I make a character out of bricks?

I wish it was more lenient; even one hundred pieces is not that much to build a set. Still it might be good for creativity since the basic minifig isn’t very applicable mini/smile

Panoramic Studios - Could you clarify that question? I'm not sure what you're asking.

Chaizin - Of course.

Also, to everyone, this contest is a bit complex and unique. I'll try to have an FAQ up tonight, and will answer questions as soon as I can when they come in. However, because it's a rather unique set of rules, be careful answering questions unless you can do so by quoting the above rules. (And make it clear that you are.) I'm trying to help avoid unnecessary confusion, and I trust y'all will understand. mini/wink

does a minifigure count as the 10 bricks?

you can not use a minifig at all

megamovieman wrote:

does a minifigure count as the 10 bricks?

Yes, of course. I mean would it be allowed to do something like getting two 2x4s and stacking them differently in a different shot?