Re: EASTER 2020 Contest IS OVER!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Creative thinking!
Yes, the clay can be molded up. For the piece of paper, when you're submitting your film, just send over a picture showing in folding over so I can confirm what both sides look like and confirm it's only one piece.

The paper has both day and night on one side. I more rotate it in stand of flip I guess. And I cut out the mid part of it cause it was unsentered. But I taped them back the way I needed before I shot the parts so that's fine right?

I am not the one.

i can do voice recs and sound fx for anyone for free. just PM me or hit me up on Discord.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Brickbro, the tape will probably not look good on camera. I'd suggest reprinting it and trying again with a fresh piece.

Chaizin wrote:

Wait so non Lego things such as paper or clay do or don't count as one of the 10 bricks?

So long as they’re used as a background or a baseplate, is my understanding.

Last edited by Brickman (March 29, 2020 (05:15pm))

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Brickbro, the tape will probably not look good on camera. I'd suggest reprinting it and trying again with a fresh piece.

Its hidden so sall good

Chaizin wrote:

Wait so non Lego things such as paper or clay do or don't count as one of the 10 bricks?

No. I am molding the clay that is used in stead of a baseplate. And I only have o e background

Mod edit: Please use edit instead of double posting!

Last edited by rioforce (March 29, 2020 (04:49pm))

I am not the one.

so paper cutout mountains, trees, etc, count as a brick, so im guessing clouds count as one too? correct me if Im wrong.

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

Yes. Of course.

2x4, can I see your film, since you don’t have a YouTube channel?
(Edit) oops sorry we all have to wait till the end of the contest.

I move plastic in front of a camera for fun

Panoramic Studios wrote:

2x4, can I see your film, since you don’t have a YouTube channel?
(Edit) oops sorry we all have to wait till the end of the contest.

https://www.bricksinmotion.com/films/view/10219/
yes you can

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I've move discussion of your individual film to its topic under Releases. This topic is for discussion of the contest itself, not individual films.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Kind of along the lines of previous questions but would sticky tac count against you if used as a animation tool and not a character/blob monster thing?

Or would it have to be completely removed in post?

Regarding sticky-tac, if it's used as an animation tool, and you do your due diligence in trying to hide it reasonably, I certainly won't count it. Now, as you said, if you design a giant sticky-tac monster, then that will have to be counted.

If you want to remove it in post, that would probably make your film more polished, but it's not necessary.

People removing sticky tac for once? mini/tongue I thought I'd never see the day!

Although I think this 10 bricks/elements extension is a bit restrictive, it's all the more fun to try and work-around that limitation and really create something. Still struggling to find an idea of what to do, though.

Just for the record, a background (like a piece of paper) with printed or drawn images on it wouldn't count as an element, right? But would a sequence of animated 'background' images count? (Essentially an animated matte)

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

"Just for the record, a background (like a piece of paper) with printed or drawn images on it wouldn't count as an element, right?"
-That's answered quite clearly in the rules and video. No, it doesn't count, unless you use more than one. You get one "free" background.

"But would a sequence of animated 'background' images count?" (Essentially an animated matte)

-Like, a flip book effect? Replacing the background with new drawings each time to create the illusion of motion? If you're switching out pieces of paper each time, that's obviously more that one background, hence, each one would count.
If you're adding it via green-screen, at the very least, the "green-screen" material would be the background, the digital effect by one element, and that's a static background.

Keep in mind the wise words from the original contest rules "This is an animation contest, not a Special Effects contest..."

Last "rule stretch check" : what about a Hanna Barbara-y endless background loop? (A single, long background that moves - giving the illusion of motion)

I'm assuming if it's done as multiple pieces of paper taped together, each would probably count, right?

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

mini/dizzy

That sounds so cool I'm tempted to give it a pass just to see it in action!
(Did you know I actually did some of that on my earliest (not publicly released) films?)

The best answer I can give you is this: If I can't see any seams, I would just assume you used one long piece of paper. If I can see seams, I'll be forced to count it. Make sense?

If propping green "hills" of paper against a blue "sky" counts as two separate things, I'll have to count two taped together pieces of paper the same way.  Sorry if that ruins any plans.

Yes, another question.  We can upload our video any time before the date set right?

Look back at the submission rules. You'll see the answer there.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Look back at the submission rules. You'll see the answer there.

It doesn't say specifically. I'll take it as a yes then.

I am not the one.

Good point, I misunderstood the question. I was thinking of this line.

As with last year, your entries may be public or unlisted when submitted.

Yes, you can upload it whenever you want. For that matter, 2x4 has already submitted and released his film.