Topic: EASTER 2020 Contest RESULTS!

https://bricksinmotion.com/images/contests/easter2020/EASTER2020_Logo.png

The Ten Bricks of EASTER 2020 has been a fantastic ride! Thank you one and all for entering, participating, building up the hype, and coming up with all your looney questions about the new rules.

I’d like to thank you all for maintaining high spirits and great attitudes throughout the process as the rules were clarified, modified, and several great ideas were denied.

For posteritys sake, here are some of the more outlandish questions:

Barrista Flicks wrote:

Umm Pritchard  if I use my cat in a shot would that be considered an element? Cause I prefer not to call my cat an ELEMENT

Rioforce wrote:

so in theory since everything could technically be separated into individual atoms, using more than 10 atoms, which are considered "bricks," wouldn't be allowed?
i mean actually i guess we could split atoms sooo
brickfilming just keeps getting harder

JO Co wrote:

Sorry to keep asking awkward questions, but would some turf (as in a slab of actual grass) count as a single background element or is that taking things too far? It wouldn't be animated at any rate.

My Reply: I'm imagining you taking a knife out to your yard, then a few minutes later proudly walking in a 2x2 section of grass and dirt to your room (trailing dirt the whole way) while your family stares in shock and awe, now thoroughly convinced you have, in fact, completely lost your mind.

NathanWells wrote:

Pritchard, if I breath onto the set while animating, does that count as an element?
If I animate actual water for my shot will that not count against the 10 brick limit

Squash wrote:

I remember some comedic genius asking if mayonnaise is a brick

https://i.imgur.com/o38a13q.png
Also, I want to thank our sponsor, Minifigure Madness, for their generosity this year. The top three winners will be receiving one of their custom minifigures in the mail soon. (Winners, please contact me with a valid mailing address within one week of this announcement’s posting. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize.)

Without further ado, here are the winners!

https://i.imgur.com/KRH05tX.png
Untitled Easter 2020 Entry by TwickaBrick

https://i.imgur.com/xhP5ZR2.png
Sunflower by Nathan Wells

https://i.imgur.com/hkyOiup.png
Seed of Spring by JOCo

And to finish out the Top 10:
4.  Easy Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe by Arginnon
5.   RISEN by Brickbro
6.  Bearly Easter by Legoander
7.   Hatch by Joshua Nelson
8.    The Easter King Takedown by Hoverfrog
9.   Dyeing Eggs by shanewoodsbrs
10. Finding Easter by Yetgo

Here are the rest of the entries, in no particular order:

2x4 studios - Bad Rabbit
AwesomepantsFilms - Bells
Robukka - Polly-Esther
Jordan Guretti – Resurrection
Toad Productions - The Golden Egg
Knauser - Looking for Love V2
Panoramic Studios - Rabbit Pandemonium
BrickHario - Easter Karma
Mustache Maniacs - The Easter Egg
France & Alex - Easter SURPRISE
ZG - An Easter to Remember
cracksplatpop - Territorial
PostFrameProductions - The Gummy Burger and the Can
AoW-Gamer - Re-incarnation
Edwardpenguin - The Rabbit and the Chicken
Willow Tree - Gnome
Buck Brothers - The Robot and the Flower
Chaizin - Blessed

Thank you one and all for participating!

Re: EASTER 2020 Contest RESULTS!

Congratulations to all the winners! I really enjoyed these films. This challenge was really unique and I'm glad we did it.

Also thanks to Pritchard and the judges for making the contest a success! Yall are the real MVPs. And to Minifig Madness for sponsoring the contest! (Go check out their stuff, it's cool)

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I wished blessed by Chaizin would get top 10. Overall, good films! Thanks Shelby! mini/bigsmile

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

A big hand of ᴀᴘᴘʟᴇꜱᴀᴜᴄᴇ to all those who placed (and entered). Obviously, you guys are a lot more creative than me because you not only figured out how to make an Easter themed brickfilm with then bricks, but a lot of you blew my mind.

Thanks for hosting the contest this year, Pritchard! Great job, everyone!

Just wanted to say congratulations to the winners and the participants who submitted their films! There were many solid entries in this contest and I was repeatedly blown away by how you all made the piece limit work in many different ways. Reading the questions above, I would have totally awarded first place to the person who included their cat in the video, but fortunately, you all found more creative (and humane mini/lol ) ways to interpret the 10-brick rule.

And for the sake of discussion, if you didn't place in the top 10, don't get discouraged. The real victory is that you finished a film that's uniquely yours and steps up to the 10-brick challenge. So if you didn't finish the way you wanted to, now's your chance to study the other films, revisit yours, learn from what you did/didn't do, and prepare for the next contest or challenge.

I'm fairly certain the next BiM contest will allow you more than 10 bricks mini/bigsmile

Congrats to the winners and all participants!  mini/smile
And thanks to the organisers and judges.

good stuff fellas, happy to be part of it

Yes woo etc.

chris@gbp wrote:

And for the sake of discussion, if you didn't place in the top 10, don't get discouraged. The real victory is that you finished a film that's uniquely yours and steps up to the 10-brick challenge. So if you didn't finish the way you wanted to, now's your chance to study the other films, revisit yours, learn from what you did/didn't do, and prepare for the next contest or challenge.

Very tru Chris.

I just looked and all U.S.A. orders on MM get free shipping! mini/bigsmile I might get my logo on some!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Update: Prizes have been sent out to the winners.
Congratulations once again everyone!
Hope you enjoyed it.

If you haven't, take the time to watch through the entries and leave reviews here on BiM. The participants worked hard and are deserving of some feedback.

Twickabrick won again?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Congrats everyone!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18