Topic: Dust on MOCs

Hey everyone!

Just wondering, has anyone got a good way to get dust off of their old MOCs? I've tried using a small brush, and it works okay, but I can't get around studs very well. I have to brush around each stud individually (which is slightly time-consuming).
Also in the corners between the walls and the floor, or between two walls, it's hard to get all the dust out without taking some of the bricks off.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has a more efficient way to do this. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Re: Dust on MOCs

For older/display sets, I always just break out the instructions (or pull them up on my phone) and dismantle, clean (or at least wet) each piece, and rebuild. Sure is time consuming, but gets the job done wonderfully.

For sets I've built (MOCs) I film myself taking it apart carefully - so I can easily reverse the footage and re-build the same way again. Generally, I'll try and re-create the set in Stud.io or something too - just so I have a double reference.

You could try and use a brick separator or a toothpick to get into the tighter areas too!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Re: Dust on MOCs

Thanks Dyland!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18