Re: BRAWL 2020 is OVER!

Two questions:

Does a small explosion resulting in a minifig losing his hand for comedic purposes count as "excessive/gory violence"?

If we do any compositing, (such as using chroma key to put a scale up a micro-scale building behind a character) do both layers have to have the mod element, or just one of them?

Last edited by Bros with da Legos (June 23, 2020 (08:47am))

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Dynamo0602 wrote:

Can the mod pieces be parts of a mini fig?

Yes.

The Rules wrote:

Minifig parts (for example a red torso attached to grey legs) can count as the color mod, but bricks connected to or touching baseplates do not.

This will be my first LEGO contest and I’m super excited! mini/bigsmile Just wondering, would the torso and pants on the main character in this brickfilm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfk6XowdAc count for the color mod?

Last edited by JuiceBoxStudios (June 23, 2020 (09:59am))

Bros with da Legos wrote:

Two questions:

Does a small explosion resulting in a minifig losing his hand for comedic purposes count as "excessive/gory violence"

If it's for comedic purposes, then it should be fine.

If we do any compositing, (such as using chroma key to put a scale up a micro-scale building behind a character) do both layers have to have the mod element, or just one of them?

Just one of them will make the shot count. Good question.

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

This will be my first LEGO contest and I’m super excited! mini/bigsmile Just wondering, would the torso and pants on the main character in this brickfilm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfk6XowdAc count for the color mod?

No, because both of the parts are green. If you made his pants blue for your BRAWL entry, it would qualify as the mod.

And we have our first accepted entry!

Chris W. wrote:

And we have our first accepted entry!

Nice! That was quick mini/smile   Good job to whoever it was mini/XD

Sorry, the camera quality isn’t very good in that video. The pants are actually this color: https://minifigs.me/collections/regular … -blue-legs

Chris W. wrote:

Two questions:

Does a small explosion resulting in a minifig losing his hand for comedic purposes count as "excessive/gory violence"

If it's for comedic purposes, then it should be fine.

https://images.pexels.com/photos/4726129/pexels-photo-4726129.jpeg

Like this.

Looks fine, Bros with da Legos.

Chris W. wrote:

Looks fine, Bros with da Legos.

Sweet.

Chris, will this work for the mod?
https://i.imgur.com/vm9fBgT.png

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Yes.

I have a question. How do I submit my entry? It's my first time entering BRAWL and I want to make sure I send everything correctly

TheBricks wrote:

I have a question. How do I submit my entry? It's my first time entering BRAWL and I want to make sure I send everything correctly

Submission   
Please send all entries to [email protected] before 7:00 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on June 27th, 2020, any entries sent after this time will be disqualified.

Write the subject of your email in this format:
BRAWL 2020 Entry, [Your Bricks in Motion username], “[Title of your film]”
For example: BRAWL 2020 Entry, Chris W., “Grace 2: Cecil’s Revenge”

Entries must be uploaded to one of these websites…
1. Unlisted YouTube video. To make your video unlisted, go to the video page and click the little blue icon next to the video title, then select UNLISTED from the drop-down menu.
2. Password-protected Vimeo video. To make your video password-protected, go to the video page and click Settings, then under the Privacy tab, choose "Only people with a password". Please remember to include the password in your email! If I cannot view your entry, I cannot accept it.

I will send a response email as soon as I see you have provided a working video link. I will send a follow-up email if I find a problem with your film (e.g. a missing MOD element). Please note, if you are sending in your film the last day of the contest, a verification that your video follows all the rules may not be sent before the deadline as I receive about 80% of the entries the last day. Please check your video to make sure it is compliant with all rules before you send it to me.

Optionally, for entries whose primary language is NOT in the English language, a second version of the film may be submitted 48 hours after the deadline with added English subtitles so the judges have a better understanding of the film. In order to submit the subtitled film, the following criteria must be met:

• An entry must have been submitted before the one week deadline, June 27th, 2020 7:00 PM EDT.
• The subtitled entry will be a modified version of the entry submitted before the one-week deadline. The only change that can be made is English subtitles being added. No extra shots, no extra audio, not even a change in color grade. If any changes are found, the subtitled entry will be considered void and the previously submitted non-subtitled entry will be judged.
• The subtitled entry must be submitted no later than 48 hours after the end of the BRAWL contest, June 29th, 2020 7:00 PM EDT

^^

All of this. Please read the rules before asking questions, folks.

Did you get my entry, I emailed it yesterday but I haven’t heard anything back, or get listed on the completed entry list

Laughing Lego wrote:

Did you get my entry, I emailed it yesterday but I haven’t heard anything back, or get listed on the completed entry list

Just approved it and added it to the accepted entries list.

Before you submit your entry, go over this checklist! Have you:

• Put in mod elements in your shots (with the exception of 15 seconds or less)?
• Included the BRAWL 2020 logo for at least 3 seconds?
• Taken photos of the mod elements if they are difficult to see (to include in your submission email)?
• Made sure your YouTube or Vimeo link is set to Unlisted?
• Formatted your submission email's subject properly?

In how long will it end in mountain time format?
nevermind I got it. It will end the 27th 5:00 pm for me

Last edited by Owen Garcia (June 26, 2020 (10:35am))

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

We’re less than 24 hours away from the deadline!

[THE FINAL COUNTDOWN INTENSIFIES]