Re: The Doctor Who Discussion thread(SPOILER ALERT!)

Oh! I've read that. And it turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting.

But this one is the best Doctor Who fan comic, period - The Ten Doctors. The plot borders on epic.

Rejecting reality since 2000. mini/bigsmile

UniBlog | DA

*BUMP-A-DOODLE-DOOOO*

News has come out of the next episode,Planet of the dead,supposedly airing on the 11th of April.
An awesome trailer has come about too.
Trailer-Youtube
Episode summary/rumours

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Interesting.

Though, I swear there has already been an episode called "Planet of the Dead" before...

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

The episode "Planet of the Dead" aired last night.I'm not sure if any of you saw it,but it's gonna be reshowed twice over the next 2 days.

I personally loved it.I thought it just had a...sort of epic feel to it.
I don't want to spoil a certain...thing for any of you yet so,I won't say it... mini/sad

I saw it, it was great.

I loved it, my brother loved the bus (that bus got the biggest crowning moment of awesome in the episode if you ask me).

Did a lot of eye-rolling when I had to explain the likely meaning behind something at the end to my brother. It took three attempts to get him to realise what I was on about.

Last edited by Blue (April 12, 2009 (03:52am))

UniBlog | DA

What,do you mean the:"He will knock 4 times" thing?

Spoiler (click to read)

I think the meaning of the phrase"It's coming from the dark" means that something is coming from death,so something(someone?) that has died is returning.
The "Knock 4 times" thing is a reference to the sound of the drums(Which consisted of a four-beat rhythm) that The Master heard.
The master is dead.
John Simm,the actor who played the master has been seen filming with *gasp* Catherine Tate.Donna wears a ring similar to the ring the master wore,which was plucked from the ashes of his funeral pyre by a red-nailed woman's hand.
God,I'm such a fanboy...

Yep. Then again, someone kept dropping rather unsubtle hints at the DW LJ comm.

Spoiler (click to read)

Eventually went "Okay I get it! The Master's going to show up!" So then I told my brother "what happens when you knock four times?" He does, but slowly.
Me: "Well, what does it sound like?"
Him: *proceeds to hum Beethoven*
Me: "No no, do it again, but faster this time."
Him: *does so, still not getting it*
Me: *rolls eyes and taps it out once*
Him: *blank look*
Me: *eyeroll* "Oh come on!" *does it again but twice in a row this time*
Him: "Oooooh!"

Not like him to be slow on the uptake.

So, if the Master is back, I hope Rusty doesn't having acting like he did in S3. Because I stopped taking him seriously as a villain when he started dancing around to I Can't Decide. Rather hard to find someone psychotic and threatening when they've just been dancing to Scissor Sisters imo.

UniBlog | DA

Planet of the Dead wasn't too bad but sometimes when watching Doctor Who I get a little frustrated that they just skim over really cool concepts, just enough for the plot to make sense.

Spoiler (click to read)

Like the Stingrays being able to create a wormhole by spinning around the planet en masse really quickly, awesome idea but the way they used it they might as well have just said 'accidents happen'.

I don't really want Donna to return, but the Doctor's already started slipping her in to conversation like he did for Rose (when he gets called Spaceman)

And do you think we may eventually see some civilised aliens which aren't just people in overalls and have silly faces? Flymen, Hath, Ood and Weevils must all shop in the same shop!

Being in the states, it's not here yet, and who knows when it'll be here! At least I have some time to watch more Doctor Who episodes mini/smile

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/3140557244_9e281a778c_o.jpg

It's on youtube,if you search:"Planet of the dead part 1"you might get it,if it's still up.

I liked the Episode ALOT - but it wasnt really anything special. It was just like a normal Episode really (reminded me too much of that Episode from Series 4 when they were in the weird transport thing that crashed)

And, I liked the way the companion was a theif. It was different from the usual innocent civillian who is attacked by an Alien race.

Spoiler (click to read)

I would love to see The Master return. Though, I have always thought that unknown female who plucked the masters ring from the fire could have been 'The Rani' (I cant put links in spoilers, so your just going to have to search yourself)
Though, the ring could have contained some kind of lifeforce given to Donna by her future self that somehow posseses her - but that would just be silly

I'm waiting for the Doctor to regenerate. I dont understand though how weird water people could be epic enough for the best Doctor since Tom Baker to be killed off.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

It was much better than the christmas special.

Spoiler (click to read)

I wish they had got back half way through the episode and the some of the creatures started attacking people and the Doctor and UNIT had to stop them. It lacked a bit of the doctorwho action that we normally see, I really liked the story but my brother with a really short attention span thought it was boring.

_2014

'The Waters of Mars' doesnt really look that good.

I want Daleks back!

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Nah the Daleks need a break. I like them as much as everyone else but they needed to rest and recooperate their WIN.

_2014

Whoo! Finally got 'round to watching it on YouTube (High quality too mini/bigsmile !!)

I thought it was great. Just awesomely great. mini/smile

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/3140557244_9e281a778c_o.jpg

BUMP!
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45841000/jpg/_45841225_gillian466.jpg
Picture of the new companion.

_2014

Is that Photoshoped?

I like it soooooooooo much my S.T.A.R entry is based on it.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

A good friend of mine gave me all of the new Doctor Who episodes (starting with the Ninth Doctor), and I must say I've enjoyed it lots and lots. I don't know how the new Doctor will be, but his companion... come on, you can't possibly go wrong with a ginger girl.

- Ginger Lover

brickme wrote:

Anyway that new companion looks fit.

Yeah.

_2014