Topic: Technology (my first brickfilm)

I finally 'finished' this short brickfilm. It's far from perfect and I was going to reshoot some scenes with obvious mistakes, but too many things were keeping me from doing that, so I'll just leave it as it is.
This is my first ever brickfilm and I'm reasonably happy with it, despite the mistakes (I can make up a(n) (legitimate) excuse for most of them. mini/tongue)

Enjoy:
Youtube
Vimeo

Re: Technology (my first brickfilm)

hahaha! mini/lol I thought it was very good for a first! mini/yes
I even laughed! mini/lol So that's a good thing! mini/wink

-GS

I'm a bonehead.. But not in making movies! mini/wink

This is your FIRST brickfilm?! the walk cycle was incredible for a beginner, let alone the amazingly smooth animation. the voices were very audible, and the lighting was very good. are you sure your not lying?

livinglego wrote:

This is your FIRST brickfilm?! the walk cycle was incredible for a beginner, let alone the amazingly smooth animation. the voices were very audible, and the lighting was very good. are you sure your not lying?

Lol I swear I'm not lying. Before I started I read loads of posts and some tutorials. It's all in the preparation. mini/wink
Thanks for the compliments. mini/smile

Very well done for your first film! mini/bigsmile
It gave me a chuckle. The image quality was very good as well as animation.

wow!... I wish my first brick films were that good. I agree the walk cycle was superb for a beginner.

http://tinyurl.com/pl7y85http://tinyurl.com/pdc2mphttp://tinyurl.com/pme56rhttp://tinyurl.com/pt7fbc
partly done a James Bond'ish film, don't expect it too soon. click Banner]

your first film? that was better than most films out now!

Haha, nice. Better than my first brickfilm.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Thanks for the nice comments. mini/smile Currently working on another brickfilm, I got too many ideas and too much time. mini/tongue

That WAS really good for a beginner! The lighting was great! No light flicker! And the animation was pretty good.
Really good!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Very well done for your first brickfilm. mini/smile A couple of tips:

1) Work on your lighting a bit more. At the moment it is a little over-exposed in some areas.
2) Your framing/camera work wasn't bad, but maybe try some closer shots. At the moment we can see beyond the set as well.
3) Play around with backdrops. Just print off a picture, place it behind the window, and light it. You'd be surprised at how good they can look.

Keep it up! The more you practice, the more you'll improve. mini/smile

- Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:

Play around with backdrops. Just print off a picture, place it behind the window, and light it. You'd be surprised at how good they can look.

- Leo

that actually works? I thought it's best if you paint them!

Not really, I tried to do a backdrop picure of a planet for my THAC 6 entry, and I thought it looked very realistic

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Leonardo812 wrote:

Very well done for your first brickfilm. mini/smile A couple of tips:

1) Work on your lighting a bit more. At the moment it is a little over-exposed in some areas.
2) Your framing/camera work wasn't bad, but maybe try some closer shots. At the moment we can see beyond the set as well.
3) Play around with backdrops. Just print off a picture, place it behind the window, and light it. You'd be surprised at how good they can look.

Keep it up! The more you practice, the more you'll improve. mini/smile

- Leo

Thanks for the tips, I'll deffinatly try the backdrops.
The building was indeed too low, I noticed that a bit late and I was too lazy to reshoot the scenes. mini/tongue

yeah, I was about to comment on the set design. but you beat me to it. mini/sad