Topic: MIMUS - golego

Directory Link

MIMUS - golego

Youtube

MIMUS was made for the Brickfilm-Contest "Steinerei 2009". The Theme was "FIVE" as it was the fifth Festival since it started.

Re: MIMUS - golego

mini/jaw
That's amazing!
Great to see a new film from you Golego, but this is spectacular. Stunning animation, nice cinematography, and a superbly cute plot make this film a joy to behold. Excellent work!

Last edited by Squash (June 15, 2009 (08:33am))

I agree completely with Squash, excellent work! mini/bigsmile

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

This is a masterpiece!
I did expect it tough (when golego makes a movie, it's almost always a masterpiece)

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Whoa, very impressive.  And with a creative concept, to boot.  The Duplo figures creeped me out a little at first, but I think they worked pretty well in the context of the film.  The large scale models were pretty cool, as were the sets you created for them.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Freakin immense.

Whoa...... I'm speechless

Wow. Pretty amazing work.

- Leo

Nicely done, Go! Le Go!. Very creative.

whoa, whoa! I was a shocker how you used real clothes, how long did it take to just build one of those large kids?

Wow, this is very impressive, and it's quite different from Little Guys in that you've set the film in a realistic setting (real clothes, real table, etc.) Although I didn't really get where the story was meant to be going, it was amazing nonetheless. Gut gemacht ihr zwei! mini/smile

Whittleberry wrote:

Wow, this is very impressive, and it's quite different from Little Guys in that you've set the film in a realistic setting (real clothes, real table, etc.) Although I didn't really get where the story was meant to be going, it was amazing nonetheless. Gut gemacht ihr zwei! mini/smile

thank you guys. We like "Little Guys" too and at the Festival some people where talking about some kind of analogy to Davis Pagano´s Masterpiece. But it was never our aim to copy "Little Guys" in anyway.
Also the two "Big Guys" in Mimus are not created by us. So we don´t want to adorn ourselfes with borrowed plumes.
Those Figs are display Figures we bought a year ago on ebay. Since then they had a immovable lifetime in our LEGO- and animating-room.
One Day while thinking about the Theme "FIVE" for the Festival, and what we could do with it, i´ve seen the Hands. And i tought "Yes! Five Fingers, that´s it" - "what could they create... with FIVE Bricks", FIVE Figures and even more FIVEs in the Film. Unintrusive and subtly.
The hard thing with that Figs was that they have a frame inside out of steel and a body with foam.
And its hard to give those bodies some action. They swing after every movement. And there is nearly no posibillity to move them.
It was one of our hardest animations because there are no studs, no hinges, no connecting system.
But it was a lot of fun to do it.

Wow, that was remarkable! Great sound work and music choice as well; really gave the short a strong narrative force.

I was, however, a little disappointed to see the bits that appeared to be live-action (the hand dialing the telephone, etc.). It just took away ever so slightly from the overall effect of the film, which for me was all about life-sized things in a real room and on a real table, but in stop-motion. Still, I understand the difficulties you must've faced with those enormous lego-people, so I can't complain too much.

Great work!

An excellent piece of animation, would have been practically perfect if not for the light flicker. For some reason the people scared me though....

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/1.jpg

Wow...just plain wow...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I's amazing and the giant people discomfit me a little, because in my mind the Lego world is smal and not as big as humans. The animation of the fingers were realy life like! I never see something like this before! But all in all I have to concede, that I like youre films with minifigs more. sry

But real good work!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Peiler/Brickfilms/Singularity/banner_04.png

Mimus is what?
love the color in begins the morning. Missing the talk the phone conversation, lacking in voice for them kids too. Don`t really care for the doggy; adore the duplo-dudes. Would say the theme of fives is not perfect, maybe I do not catch every reference. mini/no For the audio, for the mind-blowing cinematography, this is a 5/5, 10/10, 96/100. mini/yes