Topic: Terminator Salvation Film Clip In Lego

Directory Link

Terminator Salvation Film Clip In Lego

YouTube

Yes! It's finally here! Hope you enjoy!

Re: Terminator Salvation Film Clip In Lego

I was most disappointed to discover that the minute-long clip was half credits, but I liked what was there. Some schweet animation indeed.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hmm. Lego+Chroma Keying=difficult.
I've been curious ever since I saw the preview clip, why does his hand gun change?

Other than those two minor quarrels I'd say this is one of the coolest montage clips I've seen.

I especially liked it when he was thrown across the set into the wall.

Great animation as usual Sean.

Ya, the chroma keying was really just distracting, but didn't stop this montage from being pretty awesome

i liked the movement of the terminator: it was amazing
but the chroma keying, not as good

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

The animation is quite nice, as others have mentioned, the chroma keying is a little dodgy.  I wonder if it might have been more effective to just print out a couple backdrops and use those.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

The Chroma keying was my job. The only problem was that filmyguy's greenscreen almost changes every frame from color (a bit, not much) also, the green was also on the set. This was the best I could get.

EDIT: I didn't tell filmyguy about it, but i added a little blur when the guy gets thrown. Also, I made a little camera shake when the guy hits the helicopter

Last edited by T.G-Tom (June 20, 2009 (01:35am))

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Yeah I go the impression the source footage didn't have a very clean, in-focus greenscreen all the time so I imagine keying would have been a challenge.  The smoke effects coming of the gun were a nice touch.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

The chroma keying was a bit meh and sometimes for a fraction of a second actually a plain green background.

_2014

Wow, sorry for not replying to anyone for so long. gosh I'm a jerk.:P
I have to admit, that I could have actually made the greenscreening a bit better. I forgot to tell you T.G-Tom (I forgot to do it before hand) you could have keyframed color correction, color correcting the light flickers, and that probably would have made the chroma keying look a lot better.

@Keshen, I changed the gun because I wanted to look like he ran out of ammo like he did in the movie. btw, Thanks! And the crash into the wall is my favorite part aswell. mini/mrgreen

@Wingman_mn
The terminator was probably the most hardest thing to animate, glad you like it. mini/smile

It's good to hear a lot of you liked it. thx, guys! mini/bigsmile