Topic: Achieving a certain effect in Audacity.

Okay, for my next film, there is going to be one line where the character's voice gets deeper and slower (well, slowing it down achieves both things), but it's supposed to happen gradually. How would I do this?

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Re: Achieving a certain effect in Audacity.

Not sure if you could accomplish that in Audacity, it looks to me like you need an audio program that can apply an effect gradually with a rubberband. The other way you could do it would be to get ahold of a tape cassette deck with a pitch control knob. If it had two decks, you could put your dialogue tape in the playback deck and the tape you wanted to record to in the record deck, record, and tune the pitch knob down manually while recording.

-Blue_Ghost

https://i.imgur.com/x8mil9Z.png

Re: Achieving a certain effect in Audacity.

Okay, I might have solved it. It looks like there is something in Audacity called a Time Track that will do just what I'm talking about. There's a topic about it here.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...