Topic: Scare Chords

I find myself again in the position of needing a very popular sound (or type of sound), and not being able to find it on the internet. What I need this time is a scare chord; usually a short note played with strings that usually accompanies some scary thing popping out at the main character, or the camera, that makes you jump, loose all your popcorn, and maybe even the contents of your bladder. So if someone could send me a couple of those, that would be great. Thanks.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Re: Scare Chords

??????

I think he means the score that accompanied the shower scene in Psycho. Unfortunately, I can't find the scene on Youtube. I think I can come up with the music though. I'll PM you if I do.

Too long. I need something that lasts no longer than a second. Look here for examples.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

http://www.reelclassics.com/Audio_Video … shower.wav
Could this work? For some reason it sounds different than I thought it did.

No, that won't work either. Just one short, sharp note is all I need. I have been thinking of buying some songs from the Psycho soundtrack, though.

An example would be awesome.

And perhaps this?

That's a lot closer, ManVan, but not quite what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I am very picky.

EDIT: Okay, I found one I think will work; here. It's Violin Screech Alarm 2.

Last edited by Littlebrick (August 3, 2009 (08:26pm))