Topic: Gurve Meh Teh Carndy!

Directory Link

Gurve Meh Teh Carndy!

Vimeo

Bridge and Gus visit their local neighbourhood in search of some Halloween candy.

DOUBLE EDIT:  I uploaded a new version to youtube that works (thank you Smeagol!)  Here it is

Last edited by Fancypants (October 31, 2009 (03:43pm))

Re: Gurve Meh Teh Carndy!

It usually takes a while for the video to process properly, so the quality for the first few minutes is usually pretty bad. Once it's done processing, it should look fine.

Oh, and you're quickly becoming one of my favorite animators. Splendid work on everything, as I've come to expect from you.

Thanks Mindgame mini/smile

As for youtube, I'm fine waiting a few minutes for things to get better, but it's been up for like 6 hours and it's still messed.  I'm gonna try uploading a different version now.

Holy Friggin God. Amazing. Like others said, almost flawless. The quality has improved now, and, just....wow. I dont know what to say. I am positively speechless. mini/wink

Persist.

Oh, that was hilarious. Seriously, I loved how you animated those dance moves twice and made them exactly the same. Great animation and effects, nice one, man! mini/bigsmile

Aahaha!!

Lmfao I lol'd. Which is rare.

Great! mini/smile

amazin i loved when he got shot that animation was spectacular

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

The problem with 40 year olds trying to be hip with the kids mini/tongue
That was great!

Cool. The animation was so smooth when he was shot.

HAHA! That was hilarious Fancypants!

I loved the whole Charles concept, and Gus' inability to understand Trick-or-Treating is fantastic. The part with the gunshot is amazing, splendid!

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Superlatives really don't cover how "ersome" this one was, so I'm just going to let everyone else try instead. I can only think of one, extremely picayune complaint... the door handle looked a little weird when viewed head-on. But the camera movements, the dance animation, the set design, the nighttime lighting, the music muffling when the door shut, and about million other little things we wouldn't have noticed unless they were done wrong... simply unreal. Excellent film.

Edited because one of my picayune complaints went away when I put headphones on.

Last edited by Noodle (October 31, 2009 (10:04pm))

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Technically, this is amazing! The animation is wonderfully expressive and smooth, the voice acting good, the soundscape carefully designed. Good picture quality too. IMHO most of the humour of the flick for me was in the animation and voice acting, not particularly the story itself.

Hilarious! I really wish that man lived in my neighborhood.
- Aaron

lol, that was hilarious. I loved the animation.
Awesomesauce muvvey y' got tharr.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Toterlly arsome. I lurved the comedic animation.

Hah, that was excellent.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

the first ever brick film that I laughed out loud at, thank you.

You Tube, http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxVegasProductions
"I spend my time hunched over in my room taking thousands of pictures of a children's toy in 1 millimeter increments to create the illusion of movement. Pretty sexy huh?" -Gojira

Thanks everyone for the feedback!  It is very much appreciated mini/yes

That was hilarious! I laughed out loud! that was a very good job, especially how the gunshot was filmed. mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I don't think there's anything else to compliment you on.  Magnificently done.  Again like Noodle, I have two infinitesimal complaints being: the captions for the Gus was a bit meh, and it seemed like your plane of focus on the owner of the house was constant, so when you zoomed out or he moved back, it got a bit out of focus.  But besides that, next to nothing to critique.  I particularly enjoyed the sound design, among other things.  You're going to go far, no doubt.