Topic: The Animation Challenge

Welcome to the BiM Animation Challenge thread!

The purpose of this thread is to identify particular movements, characters, and situations that are difficult to animate and then figuring out new ways to overcome those challenges.

How does it work?

Once a theme has been chosen, the community has a set amount of time to make an entry (usually a week).  Once the deadline has passed, the member who chose the theme will judge the entries and decide which of the entries matched up to the challenge the best.  The winner will then choose the new theme, and the cycle continues.  The thread title should change to match the current challenge, but if it doesn't you'll just have to go search for it mini/tongue

Prizes

... Okay there are no prizes technically, but you will get that warm fuzzy feeling that you get from beating everyone else mini/yes

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated through Page 495.

Last edited by Fancypants (May 16, 2011 (09:58pm))

Re: The Animation Challenge

WHAT? No prizes!? Outrageous!
jk, I love the idea, I'll definitely try out in this. How long does it have to be?

No minimum duration, but the more epic, the better obviously.

Well, I need to get my practice time in to compete with these two...

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Does it have to be lightsaber? A general duel challenge sounds cool to me, that way those who can't really do lightsabers can enter.

Hmmm, I might join, but, Like Spudster said, does it have to be a lightsaber? And, if so, do we have to rotoscope the blade in?

Persist.

Spudster wrote:

Does it have to be lightsaber? A general duel challenge sounds cool to me, that way those who can't really do lightsabers can enter.

What do you mean can't do lightsabers.  I think anyone can do a lightsaber duel as long as they actually have lightsabers, which is pretty much everyone I would think.  If you mean that it is difficult, then yes, I agree.  But that's the point, this about pushing our limits.  So for the purposes of this challenge I think it needs to be a lightsaber duel.

magicoflego wrote:

do we have to rotoscope the blade in?

Well no, but it does help in the overall presentation.

Is it all right if I make a re-creation of this as my entry, FancyPants? It won't be exactly the same, but it will be recognizable.

Last edited by Bricklord (November 7, 2009 (08:54am))

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

BrickLord if you did that, it would be awesome.

Alright then, my animation begins today... I'm not sure if I will animate the entire thing or just part, but either way, yeah, it will be Epic.

Last edited by Bricklord (November 7, 2009 (09:24am))

deviantART | YouTube

I might as well give this contest a shot, I suck at animating but I have nothing better to do

Bicklord, how are you going to find enough lightsabres to do that scene?

IF YOU TYPE IN CAPITAL LETERS YOU WILL AUTOMATCALY WIN ANY ARGUMENT

I just Pmed Filmyguy... heheheheh mini/tongue  (I'm just scared the hell of all the guys who wanted to enter, and who can remember the Trailer competition)

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

dee99 Wrote:
I might as well give this contest a shot, I suck at animating but I have nothing better to do

Bicklord, how are you going to find enough lightsabres to do that scene?

There is a place called BrickLink.com, and that's where I'll get all of those lightsabers, if I decide to animate a scene with all the other Jedi and Sith.

And you should be scared to h*** of us, T.G-Tom. Or at least of the others, if not me as well... mini/tongue

deviantART | YouTube

Lol I must be the only one without a single lightsabre then.

I don't have any too, well, in the real world...
I won't be animating anyway, and in CGI I can make 10000000000 lightsabre's

I have two black handles, and no blades. mini/sunnies

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I could.... But my effects take AGES.

I'M ENTERING.
Prepare for awesomeness. mini/tongue

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Ha I'll probably do this.

Just Kidden wrote:

I'M ENTERING.
Prepare for awesomeness. mini/tongue

We're still waiting for Meet Larry, which you said that it would be awesome too. mini/rolleyes