Topic: trouble exporting HiDef video from Premiere

Whenever I try to export 1280x720 video from Premiere, the app freezes if I try to export Divx or Xvid.  It only works for Uncompressed export those AVIs are ungodly huge.  Anyone know if Divx and xvd just can't handle that resolution size?

Re: trouble exporting HiDef video from Premiere

Wow, I just tried exporting a 1280x544 movie from Premiere with the DivX codec, and it got about 2/5 of the way through before it stopped (didn't crash, though). I just looked at the file it produced, and it's almost 3GB. Any particular reason you have to use that format? I've never tried exporting to it before.

mine crashes also, so i use the windows media player 9 codec which works gr8

Nick Durron wrote:

...Any particular reason you have to use that format?

I'm really just testing out my 1280x720 AVIs clips for the future.  I have no idea what format I'll need to export to in a couple years in order to burn my film to a blu-ray disc, so I was just testing my hidef AVIs (which are max quality Xvid for the sake of minimal size at reasonable archive quality) to see if my video editor was capable of exporting a test film made from them.  My hope is that Xvid is a good enough and popular enough codec that it will still be well supported by video editors a few years from now when blu-ray burning hardware is affordable.

Sense my earlier tests, I have now been able to successfully export a 1280x720 Xvid clip (300 MB for just a few seconds, I think it was.)  Here's the weird part:  for premiere to be able to import my Xvid AVI's I have to encode them with a DivX instead of xvid label selected within Xvid codec settings.  But then for Premiere to be able to export an Xvid clip, I had to change the label back to Xvid in the settings.  That seems odd to me, but I have no idea what this label business is all about anyway.

I'm having the same problem with sony vages mini/sad

Project Secret