Topic: It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

Directory Link

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

YouTube

It's a ridiculously stupid phrase!

Definitely not my most polished work to date, but hopefully still enjoyable.

Last edited by MindGame (December 2, 2009 (02:13pm))

Re: It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

Another amazing peice! good animation! mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Great animation. Plot was pretty awesome, and easy to follow. Not as good as some of your other works, but, still, great job. Good Special Effects, too, but, the lasers seemed a bit too Matted. mini/wink

I actually laughed out loud!

I really liked this from you, MG. I hope to see more shorts like this soon. I think it's almost just as good to do lot's of shorts than to do one 8 minute film, but, that's my opinion.

Overall: 4.5/5 because, although it's nitpicky, the special effects looked out of place to me.

Last edited by MOL (December 2, 2009 (03:43pm))

Persist.

I liked it. It's true, it wasn't as good as some of your other work, but it was still great. I'm just glad he made a new film.

One of your better films. The joke actually made sense. mini/tongue
as always, amazing animation!

Awesome job as always. mini/smile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Hilarious. Short animations like this are awesome. Glad you you made another! -Peanut mini/smile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

The animation was good. However, I was disappointed by the joke. There was a lot of build-up with little payoff. I got the feeling that you kinda knew this with the post-credits scene.
Nonetheless, it was enjoyable. mini/smile
- Aaron

loved it so funny. what frame rate did you use

That was so funny I loved it. The laser special effect was awesome.

No, it's a Birdplane!
mini/tongue
(Sorry, folks. 'Just couldn't resist.)

Good to see another welldone film by You.

I can't be staying here too much. I want to get a good education and this isn't going to help me. - StevieCollins

Fantastic animation, but the plot had a few holes in it.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Nope... it wasn't a bird, it was an awesome movie!

What Bloonimation said!  Nice job again MindGame.  Wonderful joke, and I loved the end where the bird pooped on the man's shirt.  That happens to my mother all the time and it was funny to see that.  Can't wait till another of your films.

AniExer-size 2 contest entry: The QuickcamPro 9000.
View it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7cLSIjznI

BGanimations wrote:

Fantastic animation, but the plot had a few holes in it.

Eh? I don't understand. Where are these mistakes (Or "holes") in it? I thought it was fantastic!

Persist.

I agree with MOL. There are no 'holes' in it, and the animation was great (as always). I think some of us are saying these ridiculous comments to sound much more grown up. If Mindgame wanted the story to be the best script in the universe, he would write it that way. All I'm saying, is lay off on the negative comments, cause' the film was amazing. It was exactly what Zach does. Lay off guys.

Splodge, it is quite possible for others to have opinions that contrast with yours for non-malicious reasons. I'm sorry that you find these opinions ridiculous, but hope that in the future I'll be able to share mine without being criticized for it. mini/smile
- Aaron

I liked it too. I thought it was amazing but I think the "holes" he was talking about is that in the beginning a building gets shot by a lazer but then it turns out to be a bird.

michaelsmovies wrote:

I liked it too. I thought it was amazing but I think the "holes" he was talking about is that in the beginning a building gets shot by a lazer but then it turns out to be a bird.

I don't think the bird has anything to do with it..

Great to see you have time to animate again, MG! funny film. mini/smile

Jargon wrote:

Splodge, it is quite possible for others to have opinions that contrast with yours for non-malicious reasons. I'm sorry that you find these opinions ridiculous, but hope that in the future I'll be able to share mine without being criticized for it. mini/smile
- Aaron

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. mini/sweat

For clarification: the holes I saw were in the plot: the animation was fantastic, and so were the effects, but the movie was a bit of a letoff. I know it's better than I could do, but it just didn't seem like a good joke.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png