Re: Post Your Story Ideas

I have a hard time sticking to one of my many ideas. First I thinking of doing this but then I get kind of tired of that idea and start to think of something else.

BUMP! (Or does that not apply to "sticky" threads?)

Anyway, as I may or may not have mentioned somewhere else earlier, there is a half-finished, 8 page, horror/thriller script sitting on my computer. It involves a slightly genre-savvy hero, two exploding trains, a tiny bit of romance, evil sentient scarecrows and more!

I highly doubt that I'll ever do anything thing with it, and I hate to see it go to waste. So if anybody is interested in finishing it, filming it, looking at it, editing it, or learning more about it, feel free to message me.

The basic plot is as follows:

Spoiler (click to read)

The hero is at an amusement park and sees a weird guy selling what may be bootleg Lego. One box shows the amusement park's train exploding, but the hero thinks nothing of it. The hero then sees a scarecrow, goes after it, and it vanishes. He begins to see more and more scarecrows, and then through a series of events the train does in fact explode. But it explodes in the exact manner, and at the exact time shown on the Lego box. The stranger part is, nobody else can see the fire, or can remember the explosion..... 

...And you have to contact me for more info! mini/devil

I was planning on doing the story of Beowulf in lego! I built a set already. its supposed to be the Danish coast line.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Well that will be great! A year or so ago somebody made one which may serve as inspiration here it is. I think the biggest reason I remember it was because it was released around the time I joined this site. Have fun, and good luck! mini/smile

Nobody posts in this topic anymore! But I had another idea.

So I'm a freshman at this magnet school thing and last year [?] a senior released a film called My Sucky Teen Romance which got super-famous. I've decided that I need to have a sort of legacy like that at my school so in my senior year I am going to direct a feature-length film. SO last night I tried thinking of ideas and stuff and none came to mind and I fell asleep. And then I had the weirdest dream which I ended up remembering so I wrote it down and stuff.
It involves this girl who is either like a ghost, a spirit, insane, or dead and she lives in a forest. And then there is this guy who moves to a house next to the forest who may or may not have a terminal illness. And then she falls in love with him but unfortunately he is scared of her. And then he accidentally injures her but he sees a gift she was going to give to him. Then he totally loses it and tries to heal her and that's when he falls in love with her. And the ending is either sad or happy: The guy dies, or maybe he dies and they go live in the forest together happily ever after. I'm considering incorporating a lot of Irish myth, e.g. the girl is a BANSHEE or a goddess or forest spirit. But yeah, it's gonna be a real sad "try not to cry" sort of thing.
I know it sounds a little silly but I am starting to really like this idea so eventually I should start writing a script. But as it is right now, how do you guys feel about the idea? Any suggestions?
please don't make this topic die mini/sad

If you like it, go for it.

People post in this thread a little bit, but rarely does anybody give any feedback.

And then I had the weirdest dream which I ended up remembering so I wrote it down and stuff.

Ha, that's how I got the Scarecrow horror story idea posted above!

I know it sounds a little silly

Yep, but if it was done right, it would be fine.

The concept doesn't really appeal to me, and I've never been a fan of the "Fall in love with the outcast monster who scared you before" storyline. But if you like it, then by all means do it. It could be done well, but you'll have to do something unique in it to make it stand out.

Maybe, and this may be even sillier, but maybe you could give the guy a terminal illness. And the reason he moves out to the forest is because he heard about the monster stories, and wants to find out what the source is before he dies. Sort of a "one last adventure" type deal. You could then end it with a tear-jerker death scene, and then have the girl raise the boy back to life as a banshee/spirit thing.

OK, yeah, that does sound sillier. mini/tongue

No, that's actually pretty great. And I am trying to distance myself from the "teen supernatural romance" genre because honestly I hate that kind of thing. Like Twilight. Ugh. Nope, that is why I am going to make her intentionally enigmatic and vague. If you have seen "The Secret of Kells" I expect the character to be somewhat like Aisling. And now I am even debating taking away the romance aspect of the story and making it into a simple friendship story because of the stigma associated with stuff.

So like, he is dying and that is why he sees a banshee. But the banshee feels bad for him...?
The biggest challenge for this thing would be finding someone who can actually do an Irish accent (Because I want to make it live-action prolly) . mini/blankexpression

As many of you may know, I am making "Minecraftia: The Artifacts" and "Minecraftia: The War of the Artifacts", but when I am finished making that, I will make something else:

This is a series that will take place thousands of years before the "Minecraftia" series, and it takes place in the province of Coldariliand, the lands north of Minecraftia. The worst of all wars, the War of Wrath, has begun. It started after a small conflict between the dark lord Chira Nor-Brine and the peoples of Coldariliand over the Elemental Crystals, and eventually, all the nations and provinces of Möjháng are fighting over these crystals.
Chira Nor-Brine, meanwhile, is wrecking havoc across Coldariliand, and has sent his servants to find the crystals. The Aethermen notice, and send 5 wizards down to Coldariliand. These Wizards gather up a small group out of each kingdom of Coldariliand (except Indev, the realm of eternal cold), and fight against time to find the crystals and end the War of Wrath, the war which ended the Age of Wilderness.

So like, he is dying and that is why he sees a banshee. But the banshee feels bad for him...?

Don't ask me, it's your story! mini/tongue
Maybe, I guess it could be that the banshee find out that he's about to die, and that his last wish is to solve the mystery around the banshee legends/stories. So she take pity on him, shows herself to him, and they develop a friendship.
(It could be the first time said banshee has ever talked with, and interacted with a human to that degree.)

If you have seen "The Secret of Kells" I expect the character to be somewhat like Aisling.

I've never seen it, so the comparison is lost on me. mini/blankexpression

I am writing a script for my new LEGO series called "The New Avengers" Basically the Avengers have failed, Ultron beat them and is now dictator of the America, and then, the world, Captain America uses one of Iron man's plan, just in-case the Avengers have failed, and Captain America is the leader, the New Avengers are, Captain America (Leader), Power Man/Luke Cage (He decides to bring Iron Fist with him),  The Thing (He can't find his team), Spider-man, and Wolverine.

I am thinking about adding Miss Marvel.

[content deleted]

Last edited by BlockPartyAnimationStudio (July 19, 2014 (12:45pm))

10sfy20.jpg.png

I really want to write a musical. Something really romantic, cheesy, and old-fashioned. I have no idea what it should be about though.

Like REALLY corny.

Hey!  I finally followed the link to your link to your hipster character bios.  Awesome!  Very funny.  I like the fact that your stories sound like they're going to make an putlandish, zany series, and I love that.  When you start on audio, I'd like to be Fabrice.  He's so unlike me that I'd be perfect playing him with irony.  You have the potential for a very funny, irreverent, satirical show.

Now another important thing is not just a list of characters and their profiles, but how they relate to each other.  If you visit my tumblr page http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com, you'll find the MELISSA PAC photos.  Melissa has six friends, two who you'll see very shortly if you're watching episode 2.  Now each of the friends have something different in common with Melissa.  Also, they have other relationships with each other.  Melissa's best friend, Chay, is close with Melissa's fifth-best friend, Kikka.  Now Kikka has an important role because she interpets Chay's slang to adults and they have been close, but Chay's a closer friend to Melissa than she is to Kikka, and sometimes Kikka feels left out or engage in a mental rivalry for attention that Melissa is unaware of.  These underlying motives drive the character more realisticly, explain behavior, and don't have to be explicitly known to the viewer, but just part of your personal reference materials.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Lol I'll keep you in mind when I start doing the casting calls
Most of the characters are based off people I know, so I was going to get them to voice act for most of the characters, but Fabrice is just based off my US history teacher a few years ago and he'd probably be too busy to voice act. So yeah you could definitely audition.
Also yeah, I've started drafting the characters' relationships, just haven't added them to my spreadsheet (because I wouldn't know how lol.) Like Ginger and Oleg, easily the grumpiest characters, were dating each other for a signifigant amount of time but nobody knew this because Oleg and Ginger were grumpy towards each other even while they were dating. And stuff like obviously Rosemary and Sven are both really chill and Sven's friends with everybody but Rosemary kind of has a love/hate friendship with Collette because they are like complete opposites personality-wise but they are both accomplished artists. I dunno.

If you've seen "How animals eat their food" or similar things I had this sort of idea thing but instead of animals its...

FONTS

Personified Typefaces!!!

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been done before, and if it has, it hasn't been done well. I'd like to take the fonts and assign them personalities. I guess like Hetalia, but with less shipping (or maybe not, shipping is cool!)
So like Helvetica, is a pretentious hipster. And Arial is his younger twin. And they argue a lot. And Futura is a sophisticated design freak from Germany or whatever. Times New Roman is (duh) a news reporter. And Garamond is super fancy but old fashioned, like a sir. Verdana is a dorky gamer. Papyrus is a sort of raw food vegan incense-burning masseuse meditating hippie. And Comic Sans is just a really, really stupid guy.

i'm thinking of doing a man of steel vs general zod but I am planning on doing it in july is it too late please tell:) :mad:

well i have had a good idea for a while now thought i would share it

Spoiler (click to read)

its kinda complex but so anyway this guy he invents a time machine but the only reason he knows how to make it is because he went back in time to tell himself but this time he is attacked by a secret government agency and there is lots of twists and paradoxes because they can travel in time and that means they team up with there passed selves pretty complex (highlight to read)

http://i.snag.gy/E3VvB.jpg
"Right. He deserves for it to not display right" — Sméagol
YouTube | Google+ | Vimeo | Flickr | Twitter

le boomp

If you have ever been to thrift stores like Goodwill you know they always have old paintings for sale and most of them are landscapes. Well it makes me really sad that nobody wants them so ideally what I would do is try to go and buy every single one of them and then track down the location which it represents and go there and leave the painting. Now obviously this would be very hard to do in real life, so I think I'll write a screenplay about it.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

le boomp

If you have ever been to thrift stores like Goodwill you know they always have old paintings for sale and most of them are landscapes. Well it makes me really sad that nobody wants them so ideally what I would do is try to go and buy every single one of them and then track down the location which it represents and go there and leave the painting. Now obviously this would be very hard to do in real life, so I think I'll write a screenplay about it.

How much are those usually?

They might make good brickfilm backdrops.