Directory Link

The Headless Minifigure

YouTube

Enjoy!

Re: The Headless Minifigure

its a good video i give it 3.0

find me on youtube!!!

You sholdn't be impatient, wait at least 24 hours before asking feedback. Well, I must say I didn't liked it. The animation was choppy, camera angles could have been placed better, voices didn't convince me in their roles. But there is something good here: the lighting gave the impression of the night. Story: you should take more time to develope your story, maybe explaining why that minifigure is headless. Also, if you want to add suspance, it shoud last more, and build the atmosphere. Overall, I give it 2/5.

Try to use a faster frame rate, as that was a bit choppy.  Also, try audicity, the voices were a bit hard to understand.
2/5

Well, it failed to accomplish it's main goal, that of to be scary.  It just wasn't, maybe the hair that got in the frame, maybe just the fact that the camera shook a bit too much, things like this throw off the people's attention they're paying to the story and cause them to begin to look at other stuff.

On the other hand, scary stuff is REALLY hard to do... I've never done anything scary and couldn't give any REAL tips but I can think of some simple ones.

You had two people talking, doing nothing, watch tv, with scary music in the background... not scary, you should've let it cut back and forth to them doing nothing, and the headless dude stalking them, maybe breaking in quietly, then there could've been real suspense.  Also that wasn't too dramatic of him being eaten, next time make him fight back a bit, then his friend tries to save him but gets eaten too, also, suspense really does rely on timing, which, to be frank, in this case was quite poor.  Just remember, practice makes perfect, none of us started out great.v mini/wink

CavalryCaptMike wrote:

Well, it failed to accomplish it's main goal, that of to be scary.  It just wasn't, maybe the hair that got in the frame, maybe just the fact that the camera shook a bit too much, things like this throw off the people's attention they're paying to the story and cause them to begin to look at other stuff.

On the other hand, scary stuff is REALLY hard to do... I've never done anything scary and couldn't give any REAL tips but I can think of some simple ones.

You had two people talking, doing nothing, watch tv, with scary music in the background... not scary, you should've let it cut back and forth to them doing nothing, and the headless dude stalking them, maybe breaking in quietly, then there could've been real suspense.  Also that wasn't too dramatic of him being eaten, next time make him fight back a bit, then his friend tries to save him but gets eaten too, also, suspense really does rely on timing, which, to be frank, in this case was quite poor.  Just remember, practice makes perfect, none of us started out great.v mini/wink

Ay! A hair! Darn. Didn't see that before. The guys around the middle weren't actually watching tv, one was a weirdo on a city bench next to the normal guy. Thanks for the honest comment! mini/smile

Last edited by LASF (July 12, 2011 (07:20pm))

It was scary. mini/eek