Topic: Happy 4th of July!

Directory Link

Happy 4th of July!

Youtube

Yes, I know, it's crazy, one release after another, but I really wanted to make a Fourth of July film.  Since started the project on the third, it's not my greatest, so don't expect much.  A big thanks to AnnoyingNoisesProductions for being an amazing voice actor.

Last edited by StanTheLegoMan (July 5, 2011 (10:05am))

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Awesome. It probably would've been better to get it out on the 4th of July but whatever. Nobody REALLY cares that much. Keep up the good work mini/smile

Awesome movie!

I LOVED THIS!!! mini/bigsmile

I'm really glad I got to participate in this. mini/smile

First off, great animation as usual, but what I really love in this film was the night sky. It looks sooooo nice with all those bright stars and that blue purple color to it. It really looks super nice. Was that accomplished with blue/green screen? I also really liked the colored lights you seemed to have shined on the minifigures really giving them the look as though they're watching fireworks. Plus the LEGO trees in the background look really good. Bubble effects were also done nicely. However, there are a few better bubble things besides those short sticks. I think a wrench or a magnifying glass could have worked somewhat better. Also, my voice didn't really fit with the minifigure too well, it probably would have been a tiny bit better as a classic smile face, or a more modern smiley. But it's still a good film.
mini/smile
The live action fireworks and choice of music worked nicely for the credits.

And I'm really glad I was in this and you gave links to my channel. I already have five new subscribers today. mini/bigsmile

I was slightly disappointed that you where unable to get this out on the 4th, but it's okay. mini/smile
Because I got up at 3 AM to record lines for this, and stayed up rather late anticipating it's release, I was really tired today. xD But I just had I nice long nap. Haha

Last edited by Squid (July 5, 2011 (01:35pm))

It's a nice little brickfilm! There's not much to say about it because everything was done well and I couldn't really say a single bad thing about the vid! Great job!

I loved the lighting setup in the first scene, with the backdrop and firework flashes.  Very nice stuff.  The sound editing was effective as well.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

my voice didn't really fit with the minifigure too well, it probably would have been a tiny bit better as a classic smile face, or a more modern smiley. But it's still a good film.

I was actually gonna have a different voice actor that would fit that minifig, but at the last minute, he ended up not being able to do it, so I asked you.  I would've changed it, but the animation was already done, and I didn't have enough time to re-animate

For everyone curious about the sky, here's a picture of my setup:
http://i54.tinypic.com/10e1vgy.jpg
I attached a second monitor and pulled up an image of a nighttime sky

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

THAT'S SO BRILLIANT!!! mini/bigsmile
Seriously, it's realistic looking, and it ads a nice glow, perfect!

Oooh, that's very clever. Btw, I loved it.

That way is GENIOUS!

So that's why you were setting up a second monitor (We were skyping when he did it). You sir, just won some internet.
That was a great way to do it quickly, and you did it well. Good job!

haha yup mini/smile

Youtube | Twitter

Sorry, this is off topic, but did that the guy AnnoyingNoisesProductions voiced for was saying the fireworks make annoying noises? Just saying, anyway the film was great!

-Rob

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

Very nice. Could you PM me and tell me how to do that bubble effect?

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.