Topic: The Grumpy Old Man

Did this poor young man deserve all this sadness? Does he now have anything to live for? Does any body really care? Who knows? Who wants to know? I sure don't...
The Grumpy Old Man on Vimeo
Special thanks to Gorjira for thinking of the dialog.
Hope you like it! mini/bigsmile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Re: The Grumpy Old Man

Hmm, it was OK. The animation was pretty average, but the people didn't swing their arms when they walked (very important!) and I couldn't understand what the characters were saying, due to a combination of bad mic quality and the fact that you rushed saying your lines.

But you're improving - keep it up!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I agree with all the above.

Hazzat wrote:

but the people didn't swing their arms when they walked (very important!)

I never do that....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

The old man didn't sound very old...

Hmm... I gave you the lines to give you an example of how a hopeless old man would act. I thought you would write an actual story yourself.

Gojira,
Oh, well... I changed the dialog a little bit... mini/blankexpression
Hazzat,
I'm not really sure how to make the arms move while walking... Do you have a Brickhelp on that?
CheeseyBrick,
It's my voice... It's hard to make me sound old... Unless I try, like, REALLY hard.
Thanks everyone! I'll be looking at Brickhelp a lot more often... mini/wink

I did have a brickhelp tutorial on it...

Simply put, when the left leg is being lifted, the right arm follows it and vice versa. When the legs are next to each other, they are by his body. Watch some brickfilms and you'll see what I mean.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

justkidden wrote:

Gojira,
Oh, well... I changed the dialog a little bit... mini/blankexpression
Hazzat,
I'm not really sure how to make the arms move while walking... Do you have a Brickhelp on that?

They did but when the channel got re-opened  all the videos we're lost, but i suspect it will be up again soon.

_2014

I think the story was fine but i didnt like the animation that much,keep practicing you'll get better

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

Ok nobody's perfect that's for sure and the animation becomes better with experience so as much as you try you'll have better results.
Here we go.... The arm swinging isn't that necessary when a figure is walking, it's not that hard to make that but it's not that important actually... The texts were said too fast, sound quality and voice changing can be edited with a great free program like "Audacity" so it's not a good excuse for you to say that "It's hard for me to sound old...", also I didn't like the camera shots, not a bit, there could've been numerous close shots and stuff like that.

I didn't know audacity could do that! Wow! That's relieving... mini/bigsmile

Be careful that you don't nudge things while animating. The park bench kept rocking. It's easy to get over it, just be careful. The rest was good, animation could do with some improvement, but animation takes time so just keep practising. The addition of sound effects (background noise, footsteps etc) would enhance the film quite a bit as well.