Topic: LEGO Super Heroes (Marvel+DC!)

Building (no pun intended) off of the previous Batman license, LEGO is now slated to produce sets based off the entire DC universe. I'm personally curious to know whether they'll be based on the upcoming reboot or if they'll feature more a more classic look. Either way, I'm excited. mini/delirium

EDIT: Umm, whoah. Marvel's getting in on this too!

Re: LEGO Super Heroes (Marvel+DC!)

mini/bigsmile

Lego is making the whole DC UNIVERSE!? sweet! can't wait! mini/delirium

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

This could be interesting. I like the idea, I hope it pans out.

bricksinmotion member of the year

If they look good, I know what I'm buying in January.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

Hrm. IMO, Marvel is better, but I can't wait to see Superman or the Flash or Martian Manhunter in Lego.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

Awesome to no limit. mini/smile
I want more Batman. mini/bigsmile

Also, I think it would be cool if TT made a LEGO Batman game for the Christopher Nolan series. Since there are three movies, it's pretty much perfect for it.
I hope it happens. mini/tongue

I think the Lego Batman sets need new looks now. mini/tongue They're kinda outdated.
I would also like to see Captain America sets, wait, that's Marvel mini/XD

EDIT: By outdated I mean we have had the same batman stuff for years and the same location, what if he got a new costume, gadgets, and a second secret hideout? More sets! mini/bigsmile

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (July 20, 2011 (08:15am))

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

I want more Batman. mini/bigsmile

mini/twitch yes Yes YEs YES YES!
EDIT: Oh, I was thinking it was Marvel.

Golden wrote:

IMO, Marvel is better

Yes. Except for Batman. mini/cat

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (July 20, 2011 (07:52am))

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

I think the Lego Batman sets need new looks now. mini/tongue They're kinda outdated.

How so?

Check it out, guys, already a teaser video for the new theme LEGO Super Heroes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RomhUaw8 … ture=feedf

It looks a lot like my I am the Night Batman.

EDIT: here's the site, too, it's got a contest! mini/bigsmile http://legosuperheroes.com/

Last edited by Squid (July 20, 2011 (10:16am))

I'm entering! mini/bigsmile So cool! And I have until November 15! That's more than plenty of time. mini/bigsmile

@ANP
How did you find out about the video?

Jargon wrote:

The entire DC universe

Looking at the site, I think it is only Batman, Superman, and The Green Lantern.

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (July 20, 2011 (10:34am))

I saw it on my youtube page. I'm subscribed to LEGOClubTV.

I think I'll delay my Bat-Movie "I Am The Night" to enter this contest since there is no way that film will be completed on time. I think I could have a serious chance of winning the prize.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:
Jargon wrote:

The entire DC universe

Looking at the site, I think it is only Batman, Superman, and The Green Lantern.

According to the Variety article,

Warner Bros. has expanded its relationship with Lego, granting the toymaker access to DC Entertainment's complete library of comicbook characters and stories to launch DC Universe "Super Heroes" as figures and playsets.

and

The multi-year licensing deal, made through Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will start rolling out the new line in January, starting with 13 characters, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and villains the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor.

Ok. Thanks.

Edit: Schweet! Marvel is in too! mini/delirium

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (July 20, 2011 (12:09pm))

Yep! mini/delirium

StitchKingdom wrote:

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel’s The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. Select figures will be unveiled in the LEGO booth (#2829) during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center July 21-24.

Not as much excited about the Marvel stuff. I like Marvel, but DC is awesome. (Mostly due to the fact it has Batman)
Annoying thing about this is it will probably mean the theme will be less focused on Batman, and thereby making there be less sets for Batman than otherwise. mini/sad Kinda sad. But, a few new Batman sets would be great. mini/smile I want to get the Joker.
Maybe they'll make a LEGO Super Heroes game, with an expanse of characters from both comic companies. O.0 That would be cool, actually.

I hope they use the same Joker head in the new version. The first Joker head that came in the first Batman sets is overpriced on Bricklink. I'm not going to use that head for the Joker, I'm going to use it on a similar crazy clown character in my Bricks series. If they have a different head for him, I hope the price of the other head goes down.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I almost feel sorry for people selling old LEGO Batman stuff. Haha, They're going to loose a lot of value now. mini/tongue

I shall be very angry if they don't make the Penguin.

Hey, guys, have any ideas for what my short Batman movie should be? I think I'll use the Joker...

I've been trying to brainstorm for hours now, but, alas! my siege is un-prevailing. mini/tongue

I need ideas.