Re: LEGO Super Heroes (Marvel+DC!)

MARVEL! OH, MAN, THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC WIN! I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT!

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

I almost feel sorry for people selling old LEGO Batman stuff. Haha, They're going to loose a lot of value now. mini/tongue

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll get that old Joker head one way or another.

EDIT: I looked at some pictures of the new minifigs, and the Joker has a new head. I hope the price of the old head drops once the new sets come out.

Last edited by minifig051 (July 21, 2011 (09:53am))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I am going to do a Batman movie too, and I'm probably going to use Penguin, Scarecrow, and Riddler. They are my favorites. Any ideas for action scenes? (I mean like what happens when there is action. Like in ANP's chase scene, Joker's car flips over in mid-air.)

We are entering the age of Bat-Movie-Mania, my friends. xD

(It actually spins and hits a chopper too) he he
I'd recommend an extremely stylized creepy fear-gas-induced nightmare sequence. I'm doing one of those. They have a lot of possibilities, and they can be very cool.
Also, how about something where Batman creatively takes out a load of people with one baterang throw? Building falling type stuff is always nice. Maybe some explosions, fist fights or any type of close combat which involves making dents in/breaking through walls. Glass smashing with good sound always adds a nice effect to fight scenes.

We are entering the age of Bat-Movie-Mania, my friends. xD

(It actually spins and hits a chopper too) he he
I'd recommend an extremely stylized creepy fear-gas-induced nightmare sequence. I'm doing one of those. They have a lot of possibilities, and they can be very cool.
Also, how about something where Batman creatively takes out a load of people with one baterang throw? Building falling type stuff is always nice. Maybe some explosions, fist fights or any type of close combat which involves making dents in/breaking through walls. Glass smashing with good sound always adds a nice effect to fight scenes.

Dude... I... I'm...

Sorry, a little emotional right not... Hold on... mini/twitch

Okay, I'll get to my opinion later, but I must say... You have some pretty awesomely cinematic ideas. I like that. That show creativity and determination. I'll deffinately be checking out some of your films.

Oh, and "Why So Serious?" though? Not that I have a problem with that, I just always wanted to quote that. My life is now complete.

Okay... Anyway, I have to say DC was a cool idea... Batman and Superman, awesome... Marvel, a cooler idea (Spidey fan, can't help it)... BUT BOTH!! MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!

P.S. TO THE BATMOBILE!!

mini/delirium

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bioniclehero/Titles/new_sig_title.png
Update Thread | Trailer (Coming Soon) | Casting Call

The BIONICLE Hero wrote:

You have some pretty awesomely cinematic ideas. I like that. That show creativity and determination. I'll deffinately be checking out some of your films.

Thanks. mini/smile
I have a certain style which has become known as the "Squidy" style.
It started on the LEGO Site, where I'm SirSquid.
People would comment on other people's models and say stuff like "That's pretty Squidy" when they thought it was cool.
xD

I've also been thinking out Batman movie ideas for a while, all year I've had it on my mind. It's going to be epic. mini/smile
The short version, not so much... I've had some trouble with ideas. mini/tongue
I'll think of something.

This really does deserve a cheer http://www.bricksinmotion.com/images/cheer.gif

Can't wait for these new superhero sets, these will be so cool to use in brickfilms mini/delirium

The BIONICLE Hero wrote:

You have some pretty awesomely cinematic ideas. I like that. That show creativity and determination. I'll deffinately be checking out some of your films.

Thanks. mini/smile
I have a certain style which has become known as the "Squidy" style.
It started on the LEGO Site, where I'm SirSquid.
People would comment on other people's models and say stuff like "That's pretty Squidy" when they thought it was cool.
xD

I've also been thinking out Batman movie ideas for a while, all year I've had it on my mind. It's going to be epic. mini/smile
The short version, not so much... I've had some trouble with ideas. mini/tongue
I'll think of something.

That's something I can deffinately appreciate. I love a good cinematic brickfilm. I'm currently working on a CGI/stop motion myself and have some pretty cool things planned.

So, in other words, I've got some pretty 'Squidy' ideas myself. mini/tongue

Speaking of which, think I've seen you before on LEGO.com about a year ago (yeah, don't sign in often...).

I have one suggestion: no Joker. GREAT character, but a little too over used in the brickfilms. Not in the movies though. You can never over use Joker in the movies. But in the short films... You have no room for characters to really show themselves the way they should, unless it's aimed at comedy though. Then it doesn't matter. I suggest searching for a lesser known character, someone who almost nobody knows but is so cool it's hard to believe they don't. Although it may be hard to find just the right character, but it's turned out great for me before in the past, and plus it would set you apart from the crowd, as most people will probably be doing characters like Catwoman, Joker, Two Face... the front guys. Hope that helps.

Also, a question to anyone who can answer: do you HAVE to use a DC hero, or any predetermined hero for that matter, or is it okay to be creative? If so, I have an awesome idea for a submission to the contest titled 'Extraordinary'.

P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! (<- PM me if you want to know what this means.)

mini/sunnies

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bioniclehero/Titles/new_sig_title.png
Update Thread | Trailer (Coming Soon) | Casting Call

I just read it over at Eurobricks and I'm so excited! Me having just watched "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" the last two days, I'm thinking the Batman wave will be awesome! And of course, Superman's always nice to have (at last!).

Cheers guys

This is really great news.

-pacific

I guess with The Avengers coming out soon, it's a good time for LEGO to do this.
Personally I'm pretty pumped, will probably buy some. Now we just need to wait for LEGO to make a deal with Vertigo Comics!
...What? It could happen...

They all sound really cool! Can't wait tto buy them. mini/smile

I can only imagine what ForrestFire is going to do with them (especially Wonder Woman mini/eek ).

Do yourself a favor, and don't watch those videos. mini/smile

Do yourself a favor, and don't watch those videos. mini/smile

Wasn't going to anyway. mini/wink

I will tell you my opinion when my hands stop shaking and I stop squealing like a little girl.

Hey, what company holds the Green Hornet?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't Marvel or DC, though.

This looks cool, but I haven't bought a Lego set in like 4 years, and haven't been buying them regularly for like 6 or 7. I might just bricklink all the minifigs if they're not too expensive, since I have a feeling the actual sets will be super expensive and not so great.

Still looks cool, I'm interested to see how much they'll push it - like if they want to make it the next big 10-15 year long lineup that the Harry Potter and Star Wars sets have been, or if they'll drop it after 3-4 years.

Last edited by Riley (July 21, 2011 (06:49am))

Riley wrote:

This looks cool, but I haven't bought a Lego set in like 4 years, and haven't been buying them regularly for like 6 or 7. I might just bricklink all the minifigs if they're not too expensive, since I have a feeling the actual sets will be super expensive and not so great.

Still looks cool, I'm interested to see how much they'll push it - like if they want to make it the next big 10-15 year long lineup that the Harry Potter and Star Wars sets have been, or if they'll drop it after 3-4 years.

Well, it's clear that not all the sets will be equally cool but there'll definitely be some great and interesting ones, for example a Tumbler? Who knows. I just want to create some enthusiasm!

I mean, I'm definitely looking forward to the stuff! mini/smile

Last edited by pacific (July 21, 2011 (07:04am))

-pacific

Oh man guys. LEGO Deadpool. LEGO. DEADPOOL. DO WANT.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Hey, what company holds the Green Hornet?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't Marvel or DC, though.

It was a company called NOW Comics. They also published the original Speed Racer comics, Astro Boy comics, and Ghostbusters. (All licensed themes). I was kind of hoping for Green Hornet too, though. mini/tongue

I don't think Lego did Ghostbusters or Astro Boy.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png