Topic: The Picture

Directory Link

The Picture

The Picture

A short film based on a story by Julio Cortazar.

- clock213 (Ricardo Valdez)

Re: The Picture

Woah, nice. I really liked that, the atmosphere was really well pulled off, I haven't seen many brickfilms like it. And nice story too, (reminded me a little of Blow-Up). Much more interesting than most brickfilms these days.
Great stuff.

As I said on YouTube, definitely your best brickfilm so far. The mood was great because of the soundtrack and your improved lightning (the scene in the picture room look authentic, for as far as LEGO goes). Nice. And I didn't know you were on BiM? (I'm Vik)

That was definitely an interesting brickfilm. As Vik said the mood was great. But in the moment the guy took the picture I knew how it was going to end. Anyway, the darkroom was nice, the only thing that bothered me was the start, when he dips the picture in the liquids: I think he does that too many times. Overall, I liked it. 3.5/5

First of all, I love this. Brickfilms like this are hard to find since nobody possesses creativity or originality anymore, unlike you and some others. The story really surprised me, it was really interesting, it reminded me a bit of that film Blow-Up. If you haven't seen it, you should, it's great. The Red Room in your film was really cool, it helped create the mood. The camera angles and lighting were great, helping the mood anymore. The ending was really cool and surprising to me, I didn't really see it coming. Overall, this film was fantastic and I hope to see more films like this from brickfilmers in the future.

5/5

Very good!

The story was one of the best I have seen in a while. It had a great plot, no holes, and the animation and quality were good too.

I really enjoyed this film and hope to see more like them! mini/smile

4.5/5

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Thanks for the possitve response guys, and yes Blow Up was a big influence it's based on the same short story as my shortfilm but I also wanted to put a darker tone like Blow Out and The Conversation which are films of the same style.

Most excellent, mah boi. Keep up the good work.

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Wrote a review for "The Picture" here: http://brickfilms.tumblr.com/post/79717 … ure-review