Topic: Le Mime

Directory Link

Le Mime

YouTube

A short act given by a mime in a french eat-and-watch theater/restaurant. No dialog except for an introduction from the French owner.

Animated in 15fps and my best project yet. It was shortened to one act because of time issues.

I'm in college, hopefully I'll animate when I'm out!

Re: Le Mime

Really good job, a small bit of light flicker, but that really didn't bother me that much. Truly a good short.

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Re: Le Mime

that was wonderful! though, the animation was clunky at some parts, but the sounds and effects were great mini/smile very well done, i'm glad to see it finally come out.

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Re: Le Mime

I really enjoyed that DerTarchin. I was surprised because normally I get bored after watching an animation with no real story, but I still liked this quite a bit. I would say your work has payed off. :-)

bricksinmotion member of the year

Re: Le Mime

Pretty good. I liked the camera focuses the best! mini/smile

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

Re: Le Mime

That indeed displayed a great deal of effort. Some animated parts were excellent, while others were sub-par. The image quality was fine throughout, and the lighting served the environment nicely. My complaint, and it's key, is that I couldn't understand what the Mime was doing, as the frequent crowd clapping gave clues that were either misleading or completely confusing. It took me until over halfway of the way through the film to figure out what exactly was going on.

Re: Le Mime

Awesome!
Some set bumps, and a little bit of light flickering, but I still love it! mini/bigsmile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Re: Le Mime

Funny. There were a few light flickers and parts with jumpy animation, but overall, it's great! Did I see Harry Potter in the audience?

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

Re: Le Mime

WelcomeToAwesomeness wrote:

I really enjoyed that DerTarchin. I was surprised because normally I get bored after watching an animation with no real story, but I still liked this quite a bit. I would say your work has payed off. :-)

Thanks! Nice to hear!

mcoov wrote:

My complaint, and it's key, is that I couldn't understand what the Mime was doing, as the frequent crowd clapping gave clues that were either misleading or completely confusing. It took me until over halfway of the way through the film to figure out what exactly was going on.

yeah, that was a problem I foresaw.  You realize that even in real life, understanding what a mime is doing is hard unless they're really good, so a lego version was an extreme challenge.

That's why in the description I said for those who didn't understand the first time to view it another time. It's hard to understand and I thought putting sound effects would ruin it's authenticity.

I'm in college, hopefully I'll animate when I'm out!

Re: Le Mime

Rusty wrote:

Funny. There were a few light flickers and parts with jumpy animation, but overall, it's great! Did I see Harry Potter in the audience?

yeah, Harry Potter, my sig fig Tim, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Also, for those who want to see the behind the scenes, just check the Pre-Production thread for the Le Mime topic.

I'm in college, hopefully I'll animate when I'm out!