Topic: Pompeii

Directory Link

Pompeii

Youtube

A project for school. The goal was to portrait the volcanic eruption of the Vesuvius and what happened to Pompeii. Please leave some constructive criticism.

Last edited by Keesret (February 12, 2012 (06:38am))

Re: Pompeii

Haha great work! There was a little camera shake and some jitter but overall this is great! Nice job! I too am probably going to be making a presentation on Vesuvius for Geology class, however it's just supposed to be powerpoint. mini/lol

I enjoyed this!

Repelling Spider wrote:

Haha great work! There was a little camera shake and some jitter

Yeah, I'm currently experimenting with animating on my new desk so I still have to find the best setup. mini/lol Also, good luck with your presentation!

Last edited by Keesret (February 12, 2012 (07:20am))

Not too bad, I would just try to make the volcano look more like a volcano. And the eruption wasn't very accurate, the people were suffocated by gasses before being covered in ash, they weren't all incinerated.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

RealBrick wrote:

Not too bad, I would just try to make the volcano look more like a volcano. And the eruption wasn't very accurate, the people were suffocated by gasses before being covered in ash, they weren't all incinerated.

Who said brickfilming was realistic? mini/wink

Well, since it's a project for school, and the goal was to portrait the volcanic eruption of the vesuvius, it's of natural to guess that you're going to try and make it the most accurate possible.
I was going to point out the same as Realbrick. Also, if I'm not mistaken it was very dark because of the large amount of detritus covering the sun.
Anyway, the animation was good, the angles weren't very creative, it was pretty much the same angle for every scene, sets were simple but worked well anyway, overall a decent film. Also, there wasn't much of a story but it was supposed to be just a school project, so I guess there's nothing wrong with that. I would suggest you to do more research and to be more accurate next time mini/wink . Good luck.

Last edited by MPfist0 (February 12, 2012 (10:57am))

MPfist0 wrote:

Well, since it's a project for school, and the goal was to portrait the volcanic eruption of the vesuvius, it's of natural to guess that you're going to try and make it the most accurate possible.
I was going to point out the same as Realbrick. Also, if I'm not mistaken it was very dark because of the large amount of detritus covering the sun.
Anyway, the animation was good, the angles weren't very creative, it was pretty much the same angle for every scene, sets were simple but worked well anyway, overall a decent film. Also, there wasn't much of a story but it was supposed to be just a school project, so I guess there's nothing wrong with that. I would suggest you to do more research and to be more accurate next time mini/wink . Good luck.

I did get an A- though mini/smile (which is my second lowest mark for history). Due to my limited sand an brown bricks I couldn't make any better angles. mini/sad

Keesret wrote:

I did get an A- though mini/smile (which is my second lowest mark for history). Due to my limited sand an brown bricks I couldn't make any better angles. mini/sad

Wrong, there's always a creative way of placing your camera, no matter how big the set is. And if the set is small, you can always rearrange the same bricks to recreate a part of the set not visible in the angle before.
Congratulations on your A- (I guess that's a high vote, we have numbers over here so I don't really know), but you could have gotten an A++ if it was more accurate. Imo.

MPfist0 wrote:

Wrong, there's always a creative way of placing your camera, no matter how big the set is. And if the set is small, you can always rearrange the same bricks to recreate a part of the set not visible in the angle before.

That's true I guess mini/sweat . I'll try to get better angles in the future!