Topic: How to Make a Brickfilm

Directory Link

How to Make a Brickfilm

Youtube

Jett, and his short tempered Lego minifigure, Bob, attempt to teach you how to make a BrickFilm (Lego stop motion animation).

Re: How to Make a Brickfilm

The actual film
I liked it,very professionally done!

Exept that "the higher the framerate, the better it looks" isn't actually true, since it depends on how well you animate the minifig (because a choppy movement will always looks choppy, even at 24fps, just faster), and that you really can just animate the minifigure wherever you want, it was a nice tutorial.
Another thing you didn't say that definitely helps avoid light flickers is to have all the settings of the camera in Manual instead of Auto, because in auto it will fix the exposure time and the opening of the diaphragm (and focus) himself for every picture, changing the amount of light that passes through the hole (and what's on focus too) and therefore creating light flickers in the photos (and...well, you get it).
So, that's what I have to say. 3/5

@MPfist0: About the fps, since the two comparisons of 7fps and 18fps took the same time to do one arm movement, the one with the higher fps looked better.

About the camera settings, I might make another tutorial based around the camera settings alone, as I didn't want to go into too much detail about it in the one video.

Thanks for the feedback though.

I think this video provided a nice basic introduction into Brickfilming for someone who has never done one before. Even though I already knew all of the stuff covered in this tutorial, I still enjoyed watching it! If you can make a tutorial video that is both informative and entertaining to watch, then you're doing it right! Great job with this! 5/5 for the reasons stated in my post.

Thanks Repelling Spider, that was exactly what I was going for.

I had to laugh when the minifigure is running after his own head mini/lol
Yet it was very informative. It's nice to see some basic tips for starters.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Nice. A very good introduction to brickfilming, hopefully it gets some more people into our hobby!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm