Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

#1 or #3, but there is something missing; something that does not scream icon to me. With the way icons are progressing, there are fewer and fewer letters and words for the icons (Adobe is the exception). However, of those icons, the text is the focus and there is rarely artwork with text on a logo. Stylized text or a stylized logo, but not both. Perhaps that just the biscuit, no gradients, drop shadows, or stylized effects, just a plain ol' biscuit icon would work.

I do admire your quick response times and compliance with this. I am just throwing suggestions, and if any seem unreasonable, just say so. I mean it. Respond to this with the word "so"

Also, if this appears to be harsh, I'm sorry and don't take it personally as clearly your graphic design abilities are astounding.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Yeah I agree, only for smaller icons though like the upper left corner icons I'd leave text on the splash screen though.

Yes. The icon should not contain tet, but the splash screen should probably contain text.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Love the icon(s) RS! Great job.

@Caveman - No worries, I like for people to critique my work and give suggestions/opinions. I completely agree about having an icon with the text. Those that I posted are supposed to serve as a full logo and not an icon. So I made up one without the text to serve as an icon. In addition, just the plain biscuit part of could be incorporated into the interface design.

I'd be interested in helping out with designing the graphics and overall design for the interface if that's something that is needed. I've never done any design for software before, so I may need some assistance in knowing how that works. Perhaps I'll do some research. Anyways, here is just the icon next to the logo: P.S. Thanks for the great feedback on the design everyone!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gewdfSTBRi4/UVRad8qPEtI/AAAAAAAAKP8/TYFbfnIcin4/s800/Biscuit%2520Icon%2520and%2520Logo-03.jpg

Last edited by Repelling Spider (March 28, 2013 (08:11am))

Thanks RS, designing for software isn't to hard the only thing is exact dimensions with the image.

My goodness it looks so professional

Awesome logo Spider! I think it would be great if you contributed some of the other graphics to the program too

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

I really like it but I feel the text color should be that dark brown. I think as it is now, it doesn't match the rest of icon very well. Other than that it is fantastic.

Dang, that's a real nice logo you made, RS. However, I feel like the text it kind of out of place. It drives the attention away from the main part of the logo. Like, it feels like it takes your eyes away from that fine, delectable, exquisite looking biscuit, and towards the text.

I don't know if that made sense, but in short, I think you should either make the text smaller, the biscuit bigger, or remove the text entirely. But still, great job! You have some graphic designer skills, much better than mine (see sig below).

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Very good repelling spider! I definitely do like the one without text better, but I feel that the icon as a whole is a bit to shiny for the subject matter. I recommend adding a biscuity texture if possible. I myself was going to make a logo too, but after I saw yours, and due to a few technical problems, it got aborted. I was going to make something like this:

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/assets/images/article/journal/10002/shackleton-antarctica-biscuit-portrait.jpg

...with embossed text in a circle. But anyway, I like it spider. mini/wink

I actually like repellingspider's logo and approve of it. Carousel's looks more like an English biscuit (cookie for us US folks) mini/bigsmile .

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Yeah I was a bit unsure whether to go with an English biscuit or an American one. I figured that the majority of users initially would be US based and that a good southern biscuit would be a bit more distinct from a cookie or wafer.

I tried adding a texture as Carousel was saying, that might be good idea and give it a different look. The texture I used below isn't really the right kind, but it's all I had on hand so I thought I'd use it as a quick test. I like the clean look better though. As far as the text goes, I feel that it is somewhat necessary for the logo, as it helps to convey what the graphic is.

Per some of ya'll suggestions, I decreased the size of the text and made the biscuit better. Remember, the icon without the text could also be used for various things like the software icon, etc. The logo would just be used on the main interface area perhaps and website? Just some thoughts. I'm not straying much from this design as it seems most people like this general concept.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q3mLdUfzeMI/UVTgCBhr4kI/AAAAAAAAKQE/vHaIs4-1Ur0/s912/Biscuit-04.jpg

Yeah, I really like the design the way it is. The background on the far left is really cool.

I see it doesn't work very well with that texture. I'd prefer an English Biscuit, but that's just my preference! Repelling Spider, would you mind if I had a crack at making a logo too?

The biscuit should look like it's made out of lego.

Great work Repelling Spider! I really feel this icon is much better, and it really looks nice. For software, there are some general feels that I (no professional, but nearly a professional user) have picked up on. One is colorful icons or simplistic icons with one consistent color, despite a gradient in the background. Also, the background behind the design may have a gradient (more mac style) or may have a solid color (more of a windows feel to it). Furthermore, there are circles vs. rounded rectangles vs. rectangles. These are crucial components of designing icons and would be glad to help in any way, just steer me. I should have some samples of an example icon illustrating the different feels up later tonight. I'll try, anyway.

@Carousel
Sorry Repelling Spider, but Carousel, I'm gonna say have at it. It does wonders to have differences in aesthetics to really help single out a good looking one.

Okay, I'll give it a shot, but don't expect it too soon, because I've got a Science SRP to finish mini/tongue

On a different, non-logo related note, will biscuit have HiDPI support (high resolution retina screens)? It's not entirely necessary, as I and a few others with Retina MacBook Pros are the extreme minority, but it would be nice!

I believe Spider is using illustrator, so the graphic design would be just fine to be put at a higher resolution because they are vectors, not a raster image. No problem, Carousel, but yet again I am kind of speaking for Spider here, so I would talk to him about that

Carousel wrote:

I see it doesn't work very well with that texture. I'd prefer an English Biscuit, but that's just my preference! Repelling Spider, would you mind if I had a crack at making a logo too?

By all means go right ahead! I'd like to see what you come up with, as well as an English biscuit version of a logo. mini/smile