Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

can we all meet on the IRC chat some time this weekend maybe to talk about it?

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I admit that I've avoided commenting here because I didn't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for the project with my opinions on the necessity for yet another stop-motion program. However, I do want to say that if you're looking into using GitHub, you should put some time into actually learning to use Git. From what I've read it isn't overly complicated (I've yet to have a need for source control personally so I haven't looked into it as extensively as I probably should) but it is more complicated than a basic file transfer system. You'll want to take advantage of the features it offers with this many relatively inexperienced people contributing.

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

AquaMorph wrote:

Email sent. I still think we need to have an organizing meeting to discus roles and tasks.

I agree. But we can't use Skype, although it would be easier. Some parents are wary of that (I understand), so we'll have to find an alternative.:)

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Squash wrote:

I admit that I've avoided commenting here because I didn't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for the project with my opinions on the necessity for yet another stop-motion program. However, I do want to say that if you're looking into using GitHub, you should put some time into actually learning to use Git. From what I've read it isn't overly complicated (I've yet to have a need for source control personally so I haven't looked into it as extensively as I probably should) but it is more complicated than a basic file transfer system. You'll want to take advantage of the features it offers with this many relatively inexperienced people contributing.

Yeah I have looked into GitHub before for another project. Setting something up is the trick but once it is set up it is pretty easy to use.

CyberCom wrote:
AquaMorph wrote:

Email sent. I still think we need to have an organizing meeting to discus roles and tasks.

I agree. But we can't use Skype, although it would be easier. Some parents are wary of that (I understand), so we'll have to find an alternative.:)

I think we should just all meet on the IRC chat at a set time

http://i.imgur.com/O9sIt89.png
"WTF is wrong with y'alls hearing?" -CK98 ~ YouTube ~ Website ~ Twitter ~ Google+

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Well, since CyberCom here is the manager, pick a time anytime this weekend where we can chat.

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

anyone else unable to log onto the chat today? or atleast find it takes a very very long time before loading?

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Nope, I haven't had any trouble.

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I can probably make a GitHub.

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I've got a github setup. mini/smile
Its called BiMotion.

Last edited by lunears (February 1, 2013 (04:36pm))

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I used gitHub once before, it was like three years ago though so needless to say I'm not to sure how to really use it I starred lunears though. Anyways what about Google hangout I've used that before when working on programming and brickfilming projects all you need is a gmail I believe. Sorry I haven't been to active but I've been working on my website.

Last edited by cwstudios (February 1, 2013 (05:10pm))

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I have started watching lunears' BiMotion. Let's upload some code now.

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Yay!

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Website is set up: bimotion.tk
There is a chat, use your BiM username.

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I haven't done much programming since I got into stop motion, so now I'm practicing, and seeing how much I remember. Here's a demo of what I have done so far: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx7vu4 … QyFlaVHx8s

I'm working on the app some more and there will be more than just adding one to the current number.

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Cool, join the chat, it will be easier to post back and forth.

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

cwstudios wrote:

I used gitHub once before, it was like three years ago though so needless to say I'm not to sure how to really use it I starred lunears though. Anyways what about Google hangout I've used that before when working on programming and brickfilming projects all you need is a gmail I believe. Sorry I haven't been to active but I've been working on my website.

I can do a Google+ Hangout. I use them all the time and find them really handy. Here is my profile https://plus.google.com/110574871549469710122

Last edited by AquaMorph (February 1, 2013 (08:47pm))

http://i.imgur.com/O9sIt89.png
"WTF is wrong with y'alls hearing?" -CK98 ~ YouTube ~ Website ~ Twitter ~ Google+

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Anytime today is good!

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

and yet I can't connect to any mibbit chats for some reason... -.-

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I'm on it right now, the BiM one

Last edited by jasper (February 2, 2013 (10:12am))

Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

hmm Its odd because it won't load for me and yet last month it worked fine

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%