Topic: Attempted Escape

Directory Link

Attempted Escape

Attempted Escape on YouTube

This actually started as an explosion test, but I also played around with the idea of a shootout (which I had never done before). So it evolved into a short action scene. There is a lot of room for improvement, and I have improved since I made this. Anyway, enjoy!

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Re: Attempted Escape

Good video. My only complaint  is that if there is no blood, you can't tell if someone is getting shot of if he is dodging a bullet.

Nice video! The animating was pretty good and I enjoyed some of your shots. The set was good as well. I really enjoy how you don't use special effects to do the muzzle flares. Also, one of my favorite shots in the entire video was the sparks from bullets hitting the far wall. The transparent cheese slope piece was perfect for that! I may have to use that sometime. I disagree with Samuelzz though, I don't really like the action videos with tons of blood in them because they seem to use that to make up for a lack in overall quality. Other animators have done gun fights without the use of blood and it looks great, it's all in the way it's done I suppose. I'm sure with more practice you'll get it down great. The only major thing that I noticed that needed improvement was the motion of minifigures falling. It was way too slow and unrealistic. They should probably be quicker and ease in and out more. Overall nice video, keep up the good work! mini/smile

Repelling Spider, thanks for your reply. Comments like that make me feel like my animation is really worth something. And samuelzz10, about the blood, I don't think blood is an absolute necessity, because when people are shot for real, unless they are shot in an area like the neck or head, blood usually doesn't doesn't spurt out like in most films or games. In my films, you will often see them get shot, and then the bodies will have the blood pooling around them.

I really like this video! mini/smile
Very smooth, though I agree with Repelling Spider that when the minifigures got shot they fell a little slowly.
The thing which bothered me the most was, I could often see the clay to support the minifigures when they were falling.
But overall, very good! mini/bigsmile
4/5.

Very good. mini/smile I like the whole idea of it, but it could use blood effects. You earned a subscription from me.

mini/blankexpression
NEEDS MOAR BLOOD!!!
i mean srsly why do you even make this if there is none mini/tongue

JK, sorry. xD
LEGO people are plastic, they don't bleed. They only can be incapacitated or deconstructed until someone reconstructs them.

That was some pretty nice action. I enjoyed it.
Though, the clay was to visible, and it could do with a flashlight/torch shined on the guns to ad some nice lighting effects.

This one actually made me subscribe. It was well done, well done. My actual only complaint is that it seemed quite slow and most points. Like the falling over or the walking and your run looked fast forwarded. Good film though. I enjoyed it. mini/smile
3.9/5 mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Let me assure everyone that my action scenes in the future will have faster animation, and 1011Ev, I'm still trying to perfect my run cycle. Thanks, though! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by Edmeier Animator (June 25, 2012 (06:43pm))