Topic: voices vs non-voices

I plan to have a star wars series, but i can't do that voice acting, and i am nervous about having a cast, with the chances they won't always be able to get the voices to me when i need them, or they have a bad quality mic etc.

Using already recorded sounds from games or movies sounds horrible to me.

Having the dialog in text is the other option but i don;t know how to do that and i think it will completely ruin the series.

Whats your opinion on this? mini/confused

Re: voices vs non-voices

Make a casting-call here, and BE PICKY about the mics and voice quality.
There are plenty of members on here who not only have good mics, but are willing and able to do good voice work.
Don't do the silent movie style text, or even speech balloons, as your thoughts on it ruining the series are true.
Unless it is a really big role, a week would be plenty of time for most voice actors. And most can do a role within a couple of days after being sent the script.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Make a casting-call here, and BE PICKY about the mics and voice quality.
There are plenty of members on here who not only have good mics, but are willing and able to do good voice work.
Don't do the silent movie style text, or even speech balloons, as your thoughts on it ruining the series are true.
Unless it is a really big role, a week would be plenty of time for most voice actors. And most can do a role within a couple of days after being sent the script.

But thats just it, If i don't get any voice actors or i fall short on some, then i have a problem, i won't start filming unless i know i have a cast willing to get the voices done. Im paranoid so thats probably why this is a bigger issue then it sounds.

So... put up a casting call. The only way to know whether you can get actors is to try.

Alternatively, you could contact people who have voiced in other films and see if they want to participate.