Topic: Back to the Lab: The Blaster Dilemma

Directory Link

Back to the Lab: The Blaster Dilemma

Youtube

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/202689_501335286547390_1814256731_o.jpg

Doc attempts to demonstrate his newest invention, but as usual things don't go according to his carefully laid plans. But what just happened on main street? Episode 2 of my Back to the Lab brickfilm series, watch the first one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lub126lBE0s

Last edited by RedBrick1 (August 23, 2012 (06:17am))

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Re: Back to the Lab: The Blaster Dilemma

Haha, nice. The fading into the flashback was a bit too soon, you should have waited at least until Doc stopped talking. Even a pause in between the talking and the flashback might have added to the humor. mini/tongue Also the laser sound wasn't on time with the shots. But other than that, it was great!

The part at the end with the kid was my favorite part. (I wonder why...?).

That was awesome! The animation and lighting was great. I agree with MW. mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

I'm usually very against post camera moves, but I really like the zoom-slants you did here (It would be really hard to pull that off in-shot). Though, I thought it was kind of weird at other times when the view was going up and down when he moved his hand, also, in a shot of the guy it was angled too low. It should be focused more to the figure's face. Your walk could also use a bit more frames, it seemed too quick.

I like the lighting though, that's very nice.

Ah! I accidentally pressed two stars. mini/sweat I meant to press four. Anyway, I liked that! Very nice animation!

Last edited by LASF (August 19, 2012 (12:19pm))

@Mighty Wanderer, Yeah, I should have added at least a few more frames in there. I listened to the laser shots again, the only one that might be slightly off is the first one, the others seem right. At least that is what I hear. Thanks for voicing in it.

@MrLegoProductions, Thanks, appreciate it.

@ANP, I have been working on making the zooms look fairly natural, I used alot of them in my recent action film and most of them I don't think you can tell I added them later. I think the ones that you thought looked a bit weird would have worked better had I zoomed in a bit more. If you watch some films, they move the camera to follow the actors movements, even small ones. Still need to work with it a bit more. Still need to work on my walk cycle.

@LASF, Oops... mini/lol

Very cool!:lol:

MegaMotionman2 wrote:

Very cool!:lol:

Thanks, glad you liked it.