Topic: [BRAWL 2012] The Trip

Directory Link

[BRAWL 2012] The Trip

YouTube

Darkman and I teamed up for this year’s BRAWL. Basically our goal was to make a really bizzare and surreal experience.
It’s not perfect (partially due to software problems) but I'm fairly content with how it came out, which in itself doesn't happen often. Darkman animated the majority of it (meaning everything except the store scene and funky montage) and did a really awesome job with it. I pretty much wrote it (though Darkman suggested the midget)and I edited the film because he wasn't available over the weekend.
Anyways, prepare for weirdness!

Last edited by Pillow (August 26, 2012 (07:41am))

Re: [BRAWL 2012] The Trip

Fantastic entry! Great work guys. (I've talked about it on the YouTube Comments and Twitter so I ran out of things to say lol)

This is the best Brickfilm I have seen in a while.

The cinematography is inspired, and the whole style takes 'Zombie Attack 2' and actually makes it serious (although, the juxtaposing credits show that there is still a clever sense of humour in this). I love how, like all trippy films, it completely abandons sense - as it creates a unique experience. Oh, and the midget is a genius creation of utter randomness.

Yeah, its flawed - but sometimes perfect is boring. 'Zombie Attack 2' got screwed out of 1st place in 2009; Hopefully this wont...

Last edited by Max Butcher (August 26, 2012 (07:58am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Wow mini/eek
That was awesome. I had to watch it several times and I'm sure I will continue to do so for a long time.
If you're into surreal animation, you should check out Jan Svankmajer, he is an amazing Czech animator. This is probably my favorite of his works, although Alice is more surrealistic.
Anyways, the only thing I can complain about is that the midget was a little bit too hard to understand, although I'm not entirely sure it matters or if we are supposed to understand him.
The bottom note is: I loved it.

I loved this. I agree with Realm of the Unreel that the midget was hard to understand (as a matter of fact, I didn't understand anything of what he said, but I ignored that and kept watching), but everything else was great (above all, I loved the cinematographythe). One of the best entries I've seen yet. 4.5/5

P.S.: Will watch a few more times for a better understanding of the midget.

Awesome guys. I love it, turned out so sweet. Hope you guys win! mini/bigsmile

Thanks everyone. I'll make a subtitles track today so you know what is said. Oh, and I forgot to mention: Thanks to Olsonstudios and Smeagol for delivering some quality voice work.

@Realm of the Unreel: Those look interesting, will check them out.

Very strange but also very good.
mini/dizzy

Woah. You weren't kidding when you said prepare for weirdness. Not my type of film at all. I thought the voice work was at least funny. Other than that, well... good job for finishing it in one week I guess.

Subtitles are now available on YouTube for those who couldn't understand the midget.

this is terrible i couldnt understaand the midget little person at all

Spoiler (click to read)

This is quite possibly the best brickfilm I have ever seen. Stunning, hypnotic, mesmerizing. Amazing job, guys.

Last edited by Danimation (August 29, 2012 (04:35pm))

Now available on VIMEO: https://vimeo.com/48253130

yay. VERMEO.

The most fascinating brick film I've seen in a long time, you guys makes me want to go back to make brick films!

- clock213 (Ricardo Valdez)