Topic: A reminder to always share, in this case: a park bench

it's a lame movie I know, I have it save in a folder called: stuff I do when I'm bored.
watch: www.vimeo.com/3808443
sorry about the light flicker and all, I like the music though. It's run at 15 fps.

Re: A reminder to always share, in this case: a park bench

Heh. The music was nice, and you were working towards a good film.

It went wrong somewhere on the way, though. Maybe you got bored, or maybe you didn't have enough time, but things started speeding up a lot suddenly, after the grumpy guy took his second sip from the drink. Picture quality is pretty bad: maybe you could try filming in a dark room without sunlight with steady lighting. Or maybe it's the webcam that makes the quality so bad. Also, remember that you can just move the camera to wherever you want it to be, whenever you want. That's how filmmakers tell their story: picture magic.

It was a good start, though. The quality and jerkyness was just like it was when I shot my first film, back in 2004. Remember, practice makes perfect! mini/mrgreen

All in all, while the idea behind the film was quite nice and you certainly have something going, the whole thing wasn't implemented quite well.

mini/smile

thanks BertL! that's my first, positive review!
I'm glad you like the music, did you know that my mother's dentist 9 years ago composed it?

the animation was decent, however the story was kind of hard to follow mini/confused

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

You had a good idea here. Maybe your framerate was way too fast or you didn't take enough frames. The lighting was decent, it flickered though, if you could have kept that lighting going, it would have looked great. The picture quality was a problem. Either you haven't lit the thing well enough or it's your camera quality. Could you tell me what camera you use? I thought you music was very nice, that's a cool fact about the dentist, she has skills mini/wink. As Mr. Loos said above, practice makes perfect, and I think if you keep working and learn more and more, you'll become great!

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

livinglego wrote:

I'm glad you like the music, did you know that my mother's dentist 9 years ago composed it?

How would he know THAT? mini/lol
It was pretty good... BUT NEVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER, USE THOSE COLORS IN A TITLE!!! NEVER!!!
You need to make your animation look more smooth. Try moving the hand down slightly instead of a lot.
Good job though.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

she told me, I might do a re-make, I don't know.

I'll definitely do a re-make. be watchful!!!