Topic: LEGO Star Wars: Solo Destiny

Directory Link

LEGO Star Wars: Solo Destiny

YouTube Watch

A LEGO adaptation of the climactic lightsaber duel between Jaina Solo and Darth Caedus, formerly Jacen Solo, near the end of Troy Denning's Invincible, the final novel of the Legacy of the Force series.

Coming soon: "Dark Eidolon"
One-third of ShiftyPotatoes

Re: LEGO Star Wars: Solo Destiny

I'm sorry, but I didn't really like this much, for a few reasons. Whilst it's nice to see a Star Wars Brickfilm that's Galactic Alliance-era, I don't think you've done the story any justice. For anyone who hasn't read all nine books, it wouldn't really make much sense.

My top tips are to keep the titles short, unless the overall movie is much longer (they took up about 75% of the video here), try to make the story clearer (something I'm normally criticised for lol), and work on making the animation smoother. It just seemed to be a collection of quickly-cut still frames.

Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear, I'm just trying to give constructive criticism. Plus, I know how hard it is to make a video based on Legacy of the Force. I tried a few years ago, but there's just so much backstory to all of it that it's difficult to take a small element like this and expect people to understand it (for reference, the scene I tried to do was the bit where Ben's in the Embrace of Pain in Fury).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

I'm sorry, but I didn't really like this much, for a few reasons. Whilst it's nice to see a Star Wars Brickfilm that's Galactic Alliance-era, I don't think you've done the story any justice. For anyone who hasn't read all nine books, it wouldn't really make much sense.

My top tips are to keep the titles short, unless the overall movie is much longer (they took up about 75% of the video here), try to make the story clearer (something I'm normally criticised for lol), and work on making the animation smoother. It just seemed to be a collection of quickly-cut still frames.

Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear, I'm just trying to give constructive criticism. Plus, I know how hard it is to make a video based on Legacy of the Force. I tried a few years ago, but there's just so much backstory to all of it that it's difficult to take a small element like this and expect people to understand it (for reference, the scene I tried to do was the bit where Ben's in the Embrace of Pain in Fury).

No worries. Every time I watch it I'm disappointed myself. I really did this as a way of experimenting with different lightsaber combat techniques and such whilst having a pre-existing scene to adapt. Incidentally, in future I intend to re-enact the battle sequence from The Last Command, where Joruus C'baoth is defeated, though when I do that I'll probably spend several months of work as a main project rather than a couple of hours as a side-project.

Coming soon: "Dark Eidolon"
One-third of ShiftyPotatoes

Joruus C'boath huh? That could be interesting.

You use LSMaker, right? Just one more thing with that - try and make sure that the lightsaber effect is bigger than the minifigure lightsaber. Trust me, it takes ages to get used to doing it, but it'll look a whole lot better.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein