Topic: Meet the Beatless!

Directory Link

Meet the Beatless!

youtube

After many years of hard work - and even a few years of not working - Meet the Beatless! is finished.  Enjoy!

Re: Meet the Beatless!

I really like your previous brickfilms, LeftField, and this one just as much. I already mentioned the camera quality, so I won't say anything more about that.  There were several part with choppy animation, like right after the best manager in the world falls down with the guitar store guy, and the guitar guy's arm snaps down the ground after being held up for several frames. And the sound quality was pretty good, but there was some echoing in spots.

Now to the good parts. The script was superb, really great. And the intro was quite unique, and one of my favorites ever. Having their bad music along with the good music helped a lot, showing the contrast. Most times brickfilmers avoid making extra "music," so I commend you for that. You also seem to have a knack for some LEGO slapstick, and that was great too. I probably like this film for most of the small things, like the hippies, Bingo's helpful remarks, the flashbacks, and other things like that.

I have to say I really enjoyed this. My favorite parts were probably the concert scene, and the uplifting flashbacks. Another great film from you. mini/bigsmile And I'm glad to see you back. mini/wink

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (September 11, 2012 (03:17pm))

"Bingo, you are so weird."
Loved this film, as MW already said, the quality wasn't the best, and the animation was a bit choppy, but otherwise, I absolutely loved it! The plot was good, the jokes were great, I liked it a lot. 4.5./5

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Very funny and great.  Loved the jokes, the funny quotes ("Are you British?" "Is the Dalai Lama Catholic?"), the storyline.  The flashbacks were great as well, and Bingo was hilarious as well. mini/lol   Great job, I definitely want to see more!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Oh yes, and are you going to ever upload "The Great Disturbance" on YouTube?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Yeah, the picture quality and animation style is a bit dated (its OK - it took me years to give in and upgrade to HD), but aside from that this is awesome. I was expecting it to be in a documentary style, but I think the 'Hard Days Night' parody works much better. Bingo is the highlight, and the songs are surprisingly good. I really wouldn't mind seeing more (perhaps a 'Yellow Submarine' parody next time?)

This is firm proof that if you have a good script then nothing else matters. I wouldn't be surprised if 'The Beatless' will cameo in a couple of future Brickfilms (their music playing in the background, a mini-figure wearing a 'Beatless' T-Shirt, or a poster on a wall as an in-joke)

YouTube
Max, She/They

I'm trying to talk Leftfielder into reposting SWTGD.  Hopefully we'll have it back soon.  In the meantime it's still on our website for download at leftfieldstudios.com

Beatless has been in the works for about 8 years (much interrupted) so of course I stuck with the same camera I started with.  I have upgraded now, and future productions will be in HD.  More Beatless is possible - though I don't think we have anything specific planned just yet.

5 out of 5 from me, I loved it! The script was very well written, as well as the music. In my opinion, this is one of the best brickfilms I have ever seen.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Star Wars: The Great Disturbance is on youtube again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8IwUtv … ults_video

I really love this film, Leftfielders. I've only discovered your films about a year ago, and since then I've been laughing my pants off. Your screenplays are really brilliant. I personally don't mind the camera quality, since it gives it that nice older-brickfilms feel, if you know what I mean. But if you're getting a new camera, all the better! Can't wait to see your new films! You should totally make more Spaced Out episodes by the way, if you could.

Last edited by Tobias (December 2, 2012 (08:00pm))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Well, I have a new favorite brickfilm.
Seriously, that was friggin' amazing!! OMG Bingo is so hilarious!! mini/smile

Also John totally sounded like Alec Guinness when he was talking.

Last edited by topit (December 1, 2012 (06:08pm))