Topic: The LEGO iPhone

Directory Link

The LEGO iPhone

YouTube

Built to excel.

Commentary: I made a iPhone MOC about a month or so ago and decided it would be cool to make a video using it. I also decided to create a Cuusoo project to accompany the video, just for fun and to see what would happen. If you'd like to see the LEGO iPhone become an actual LEGO set, help it reach 10,000 supporters on Cuusoo:
Support it here!

Last edited by Repelling Spider (September 12, 2012 (11:16am))

Re: The LEGO iPhone

Excellent video. Great lighting, nice sets and one of the best white expanses I've seen in a good while. The music was great, but that's quite natural as it was composed for the video. The real life scenes had a crisp camera quality and a good level of audio. The building of the iPhone however was a tiny bit choppy. Was it animated in 12 fps? Funnily enough I kinda imagined your face as it is in the video. Also I can clearly see the Premier is in good hands!
Overall a great job, and for others I'd say definitely watch and support it! This deserves to at least get 100 supporters.
4/5 mini/smile

Thanks, Kees! Glad someone pointed out the white expanse. I really loved how that turned out and it wasn't hard to achieve at all. The audio for the live-action shot was as good as it was because I dubbed it in post and added ambiance along with it. That was the first time I had dubbed anything so I liked how it turned out for a first try. I would have preferred to have the "building of the phone" shot at the beginning to be a higher frame rate so that it was smoother, but it was so annoying to shoot that I didn't bother (I know, I'm lazy and didn't want to spend another hour so mini/lol ). I don't really know the precise frame rate that I work with to tell you the truth, I don't really care a whole either. If it looks good to the eye, I'm fine with that. In many of my films I use a variety of frame rates (most of them are probably not a good standard either. haha)

Glad you enjoyed the video and thanks for the comment! mini/smile

I really liked the cool shots of the phone, especially how it seemed to stay in the same spot.

Also, the white expanse was very nice.

Though, I think that the conversation with the human and the minifigure would have been better if one had at least a slightly different voice from the other.

There should be a brickfilm with a proper story involving a guy calling a LEGO man somehow...

Funnily enough I kinda imagined your face as it is in the video.

Maybe you have a fantastic ability to imagine people's faces just by knowing them over the internet... mini/shifty
How do you imagine my face?

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Maybe you have a fantastic ability to imagine people's faces just by knowing them over the internet... mini/shifty
How do you imagine my face?

Haha mini/lol

Anyways, I agree about the voicing. In hindsight, I probably should've gotten someone else. I tried to use a slightly deeper voice for the minifigure. I actually have a short film idea that involves minifigure and human interaction that I hope to produce sometime soon, perhaps this year. I'd also like to make a long film that has both live action and stop motion LEGO. I've got a general plot for a long film, but lots of details to work out.

Hey man!

Great job on this mini/bigsmile

In the beginning how it was white, and then how it was in the same place... Great image and video quality mini/bigsmile

supported on Cuusoo ;D

YouYube Channel | Animator since October of 2011
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/743/BEr59a.png

"With iPhone 5, we've built the culmination of all our ideas of what a phone should be." - Great video, I enjoyed it thoroughly. No gripes whatsoever really, except for me being nit-picky (A5 instead of A6)...  mini/lol

Nice Repelling Spider.

This is a reproduction of the iphone simple but successful. Well, I'm not a fan of the iphone even smartphone in general. But thou hast fared well.

Sorry for my english... i'm French...

My BF available at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GaudrioleProduction1

Repelling Spider wrote:

I actually have a short film idea that involves minifigure and human interaction that I hope to produce sometime soon, perhaps this year.

That's actually been done before.

Skip to 1:55.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?