Topic: 'Fruit' Bowl Skater

Directory Link

'Fruit' Bowl Skater

youtube

Made this while recovering from knee surgery, with only one piece of lego and one mini fig probably can't be labeled a brickfilm, more like lego meets reality

Last edited by Ramjo1 (September 28, 2012 (05:47am))

Re: 'Fruit' Bowl Skater

Great job!
The animation was good, and once the guy got skating around it got better.
The camera movements were great, and the concept was simple, but well executed.
But what blew my mind is the fact that even though it was filmed out in the open, I didn't see any light-flicker.
It's nearly impossible to do, but somehow you've managed it. Congratulations!

The animated bits with the guy were a good idea. They were kinda choppy, but the way it was done, it still worked well.
My only gripe would be the music, it just didn't fit the mood IMHO. That, and there were no sounds...Whatsoever.

3.87/5

Pritchard Studios wrote:

My only gripe would be the music, it just didn't fit the mood IMHO. That, and there were no sounds...Whatsoever.
3.87/5

Thanks for the feedback, I was originally going to do sound effects but there's a lack of decent skateboard sounds available, so I went with the music and cut the film to flow with the beat as best I could

I was impressed by your creativity and your animation! mini/wink

Keep up the good work.

-Concept: 7/10 
   -Cinematography: 7.5/10
   -Sound: 5/10
   -Animation: 8.5/10
   -Sets: 8/10^^

→OVERALL: 7/10

*The Overall rating as nothing to do with the other categories... It's just my overall appreciation of your film.

This is a very creative idea, I really like it. It would have been nice if you had added some skateboard sound effects, but it was very well done considering the surface you were animating on and the lighting you were working with, I really enjoyed it. mini/smile

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback

Wow, this is awesome, good to see someone thinking outside the box or in this case brick

DanPot wrote:

Wow, this is awesome, good to see someone thinking outside the box or in this case brick

Well I don't have much Lego, so I think my next film will be a case of working an idea around the kitchen scenery again