Topic: Star Wars - The Stormtrooper

Directory Link

Star Wars - The Stormtrooper

YouTUBS

Oh my oh my, how cliche.

Re: Star Wars - The Stormtrooper

Wow! A stormtrooper that can actually do something!
The animation was great, and pretty much the only thing that could have been improved was the "Glass" during the trooper's fall.

It was just a fighting video. But it was very well directed and animated, and I was happy to see a stormptrooper actually able to do something, to react.
I also really liked the sound during the falling part. Also, I agree the glass could have been done better.
It was worth watching, I would have enjoyed more to see this as a part of a full video. Very good nonetheless. 4/5

It was nice to see a film where the storm trooper acted like an actual trained soldier. I really liked it, the sticky tack was very visible in some of the shots though.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I really enjoyed this film, Olson! Sure, Star Wars brickfilms may be a tad cliche, but yours was a bit different. Though the plot was pretty basic, the video was still enjoyable to watch and was good for entertainment purposes. I liked how the audio was primarily sound effects throughout. I really have a hard time animating fight scenes but would really like to sometime soon. Any chance you might could upload a slowed down shot from this film for reference? I seem to always fail miserably at a fist fight animation. Keep up the great work!

Aside from the quality of the animation (which was great), I thought the timing was really good, the fighting wasn't too fast or too slow, though there were a couple of freeze frames I thought went on slightly too long.  I also agree with what Spider said about the audio, it was very effective.

Last edited by Saminatorger (October 23, 2012 (11:44am))

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

I'm gonna agree with everyone on the sound design and the special FX. But, at least it was an actual "Star War" between the two guys. It seems like nowadays, LEGO Star Wars videos have to be all about Vader going to a Staples store or two clone-troopers playing video games.

7.9/10

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Glad you liked it.

When I first started the film, I was making it more as a test and figured I'd see if I could animate a decent fight scene. Then one thing led to another and I got this.
Also, glad you guys liked the sound design. I never knew I could spend the so much time editing and tweaking sound.

@Spider Yeah man I can probably do that. Any specific shot it mind?

@Olson - Hmm mainly just one where they are punching each other. I don't know why I have such a hard time with that, but I struggle. I would be very thankful if you did, it would be an eye opener I'm sure. mini/lol

Fight Animation Frame Breakdowns & some other behind the scenes type stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7Xm9y1krE