Topic: [THAC X] STEAM

Directory Link

STEAM

YouTube

STEAM was a film created for BiM's "THAC X" (Twenty-Four Hour Animation Contest). Everything about the film was created in a 24 hour period

Last edited by AquaMorph (December 30, 2012 (02:12pm))

Re: [THAC X] STEAM

Good job.

The build-up was executed quite well, although the ending felt cut-off.
I was expecting it to have had a nice, slow shot of the guy flying or hovering or something. mini/wink

Besides that, the animation is slightly lower quality than your usual, and the camera "jumps" when the guy is hammering seem out of place, (0:49 and 0:58) but it was still quite good.

I think Pritchard made some good points. I was also expecting him to fly around! mini/lol

Still this was a small visual gem and a nice film. Good work.

Last edited by Walter Benson (December 30, 2012 (09:46pm))

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I really like this! A whole lot! Pretty solid film! Good job! Yeah!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Thanks guys. The animation wasn't as smooth as normal because I didn't have time. I ran out of time because I spent a good deal of my time building the set.

STEAM is one of those films that goes into a wholly different direction. Most THAC entries are short, jokey films that tell half a story. In AquaMorph's entry, steam and industrial revolutions are central. It's a bit risky: after 10 THACs, the viewer's expectations may not be as prepared for this somewhat more serious film. STEAM manages to pull it off, though, and in a great way: it's technically flawless on almost every level, and the theme is interpreted in a very creative, unique way.