Topic: [THAC X] Red Eye

Directory Link

Red Eye

YouTube

Detective Marty Marlowe returns in the sequel to Green Eye.

Last edited by Nick Durron (December 30, 2012 (10:03pm))

Re: [THAC X] Red Eye

The lighting is absolutely amazing.

This has got to be one of my favorite entries.  The sets were great, the lighting was impeccable, the quality crisp, and after it was done it left me wanting more.  The only nitpicks I have are that you did all the voices (so everyone sounded pretty similiar) and that the story didn't hook me as much as last year.  However, that being said, I believe this film is visual masterpiece and definitely will be the one to beat.  Also, congrats on getting this done in 24 hours, as I can only imagine how stressful that must have been.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Awesome, love the Blade Runner feel. Not much in this one compared to your other films, but it's still a very nice installment.
Good luck. mini/smile

Dude, loved it, especially the mirror shot and the shot of the bench with the city in the background. In general, just great cinematography.

You've no idea how happy I was when I saw "Red Eye" has been released! Great film! I love it, Green Eye is among my favorites and so is this.

That evil alien is naughty! mini/mrgreen

Anyway the lighting was very nice, as always in your films. And that filming style, umh perfect. mini/smile I'm not very good at English but still listened the whole talking. Hard to say what I'm saying for me, but I think you even couldn't put more action to that video, for that I mean that too much action can ruin the film. I don't know why I'm saying this but, the film was very good and I'm just talking random poop! mini/lol

The cinematography in this is absolutely fantastic,  as Leonardo said that mirror shot was amazing, and I loved how everything had a red tint to it.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Great, that just destroyed any and all of my theories about the aliens. Congrats.

The actor in Green Eye was just a mutated human like Marty is now....Right?
And the psychiatrist in this one is a real alien, posing as different humans as evidenced by all of the heads/masks...right?
But then, why would it need the mask? They're shown to shape-shift in the abduction series.
Does that mean this a different species of alien? And most importantly, whatever happened to Santa?
[/conspiracy theory rant]

I have to agree with Builderbrothers, that the story just didn't "hook" quite like last year's. (Which in turn didn't hook quite as much as Abduction 5.) But it was still very good. I still don't see how you get these so great in so little time.

4.4/5

I loved the lighting, You always seem to get that perfect. The camera movements were really smooth and well done too.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Wow, that was great.  It continues to amaze me how you can make a THAC film, and still polish it up with color grading and everything just as well as your non-THAC films.  Well done!

So will we be seeing a "Blue Eye" around this time in a year? mini/wink

Anyway, wow.  The lighting was incredible, and highly impressive for something made in 24 hours.  The only thing I don't really understand is how it's a "grand unveiling", but nevertheless this is still a great entry.

Spoiler (click to read)

So the doctor/psychiatrist is an alien, too?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

This feels very like a noir and you get that Blade Runner feeling. Lightning and the voices are great, altough the two main characters sounds pretty much the same. A good film but I really really liked Green Eye much better.

Your consistently high production values never cease to impress, especially when found in your THAC entries. That said, you really need to outsource more of your voicing.

That was really good. I'm glad to see you are back making films! (Well I don't know if you had stopped making films but I hadn't seen one in a while and stuff.) So I liked the film but I didn't understand it, and then I watched Green Eye and it made more sense. My one criticism is that the voices are a bit overdone and sound kinda the same so you can't always tell who is talking. Other than that very nice job. mini/cat

I agree about the voicing, but this is still one of my favorite entries.  It is quite impressive what you can accomplish in such a short amount of time.  I can't wait for the next installment of this story!

Thanks everyone. I knew the voices were an issue while I was making it, but there wasn't anything to be done at the time.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

The actor in Green Eye was just a mutated human like Marty is now....Right?
And the psychiatrist in this one is a real alien, posing as different humans as evidenced by all of the heads/masks...right?
But then, why would it need the mask? They're shown to shape-shift in the abduction series.
Does that mean this a different species of alien? And most importantly, whatever happened to Santa?
[/conspiracy theory rant]

You're right about most of that, although things may change by the time I make the next one. I pretty much make these up as I go along so don't think too hard about it. There are holes.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Hopefully, yes.

The only thing I don't really understand is how it's a "grand unveiling", but nevertheless this is still a great entry.

Yeah, my interpretation of the theme was pretty loose.

Spoiler (click to read)

So the doctor/psychiatrist is an alien, too?

Correct.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I'm glad to see you are back making films! (Well I don't know if you had stopped making films but I hadn't seen one in a while and stuff.)

I never stopped, but college has sadly limited the amount of time I have to make Brickfilms.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Why not pink eye? mini/smile

LarryStudios wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Blue is the next primary color, duh.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14493643070_db4eab9412_o.png

AniMax wrote:
LarryStudios wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Blue is the next primary color, duh.

Nu-uh, me says pink is the best color, baby! mini/bigsmile Me wants pink!