Topic: The Strongman

Directory Link

The Strongman

YoTob

Alternate title: JK finally runs out of ideas.

light flicker's a bit distractin', sorry

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Re: The Strongman

I think it's safe to say that this film has a future as a BiMA nominee.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

I think it's safe to say that this film has a future as a BiMA nominee.

I think that JK's basically got Best Vocal Performance assured.

I think I'm in shock.... mini/eek

It took me three viewings to finally figure out what was being said, and even than, I couldn't catch it all. And I still don't understand the plot. The animation quality is very hard to rate, with most of the movements being jerky, jumpy, shaky or all of the above. But since it's intentional, and that's the style that you were going for, I guess it's not that completely horrible.

Having said that, I looked at your 2009 Christmas special, and it's got better animation that this. That's sad. Three years down the road, and your films have lost their story lines, a lot of animation, the sets are worse, and the voice acting has disintegrated.

I don't mind silly, goofy, and non-nonsensical plots, and I quite enjoyed some of your earliest films, but besides THAC 9, your last animation with anything resembling a plot was The Life of Confucius, ten months ago. I would really like to see you do more with your time and talent than spend it on a bunch of minute-long sessions of compressed stupidity.

It's ok to do one or two of these films every once in a while, but you're capable of much, much more. I don't mean to be negative, but it'd be nice to see you come out with something of substance.

You could argue that I should lighten up, and that I'm taking this way too seriously...And you'd probably be right.
But maybe if someone else took your films seriously, you'd start taking them seriously as well. mini/eh

JK's been working on another Jeffery in the Old Man.
From what he says of it, it seems like it's going to be his best film.
I don't know when it's coming out, though, it was supposed to come out three months ago.

Your voice cracks me up.  I give The Strong Man Rises a 2/5

Well reading the reviews I thought I was just about to waste 2 mins of my life, but I found it really funny, considering I never really appreciate brickfilm comedy that's saying something. I think this sort of thing will probably be related to more by us English. I gave it 5 anyway.